Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Barker leaves Weston role

FF News

Chris Barker has considered his position at Weston-super-Mare and feels he should give new manager Marc McGregor a free run at appointing his backroom staff.

He has therefore resigned with immediate effect.

He told football secretary Richard Sloane: "After much deliberation and after Scott Bartlett's resignation I have decided that is in both mine and the club`s best interest for Marc McGregor to bring in his own coaching staff. So I will therefore be agreeing to terminate my contract with Weston-super-Mare.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my year here both as a player and assistant-manager. I believe we have made good progress throughout the season and I hope the club continues to move forward.

“I would like to thank the chairman, Directors, staff volunteers, fans and of course the players for the dedication and help last season.

“I will continue to monitor the results and progress of the club and wish them all the luck for the coming season."

Chairman Paul Bliss Chairman said: “Chris has been an inspiration and has worked tirelessly both on and off the field and we`re sorry to see him leave.

“Both he and Scott had done great things in the short time they were with us. The Board wish Chris every success for the future.”

McGregor commented: “I would also like to wish Chris all the best for the future. I would have liked him to stay but understand his reasons for leaving”.

Source: www.thenationalleague.org.uk

Source

Archived