Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The fixtures are much more balanced this season.

I swallowed hard when I first saw four of our first five league games at home whilst having to play Oxhey twice in a week is less than ideal

but its substantially better than last year so well done Karen 

Just to point out it seems judging by responses I have at least three games where clubs meet on successive Saturdays.

This was not done intentionally.

As clubs wanted the fixtures were done completely by hand and as follows

The first thing I did was to create list one in which I typed up every game that had to be scheduled.

Once I did the first week's fixtures I created list two where I cut and pasted the return fixture, this process was repeated for each set of fixtures created. One list one was finished I started adding those games from list two. The left over games once all Saturdays were then allocated midweek.

Once all this was done I reviewed all midweek games to see if there was a blank Saturday for both clubs, if yes then the game was removed from the midweek list to a Saturday. Alas in three cases that I have been told about to date it was unfortunate that the games happened to fall on successive Saturdays. I am quite happy to remove the games back to midweek if clubs want this.

No I can't please everyone but that's life.

I noticed that Levy have no home games in August. I know we cannot use the floodlights midweek in August. Cash flow will be a problem for us.

I noticed that Levy have no home games in August. I know we cannot use the floodlights midweek in August. Cash flow will be a problem for us.

Let me explain

Sat 5 Aug - FA Cup (I have no control on this draw)

Sat 12 Aug - First League game away (Sorry but when compiling fixtures clubs were put into two lists of 11, Set A were at home, Set B were away - I tossed a coin to see what list would be Set A)

Sat 19 - FA Cup (you will be at home if you win) if you lose then I will be moving league games to prevent clubs having a free Saturday and I can guarantee you will be at home this date because if you are the only losers you will play the only Premier Division side not to enter the FA Cup London Tigers which I will bring forward from Nov 4. If more than one losing clubs then the first choice will be looking at midweek games that I can bring forward to a Saturday, if not possible then as said you will be at home to Tigers.

Sat 26 - Unfortunately you were drawn against a team will no lights in the League Challenge Trophy so this game has to be played on a Saturday so I took the first chance to get this out of the way, my reasons being last season it was Aston Clinton v Tring Athletic that caused problems, Aston only had use of their pitch two Saturdays every month and this proved a nightmare as every Saturday they had the pitch either Tring were in a FA Competition or Aston were in the County Cup, so by playing your game in August I avoid a repeat because the County Cup matches do not start until September.

Edited by Karen Browne

Jonno you are right, but sometimes it is good to know why and what for. Karen's answer is very good and I can pass this on to my club.