Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

KENT SENIOR CUP

It's time the KSC was ditched. The clubs aren't interested, and certainly the public of Sittingbourne weren't bothered about a giant killing as only around 130 turned up against us. Personally I think Andy Ford got the side about right last night, although I wouldn't have even picked Lee or Walshe. What's the point of picking first choice players for a mickey mouse competition, risking injury, and a ridiculous KCFA ban for a sending off. Is this competition compulsory, and if so why don't Gillingham have to enter?

The only reason (in my humble opinion) that the KSC has become uninteresting to most clubs is the lack of sponsorship. If one of the numerous large companies in Kent were to realise what a good PR job it would be and put their corperate money where their mouths are it could become a worthy thing to enter and win.

Gravesend do have better things to worry about than KSC (FA Trophy, Conference survival, keeping players fit and availible for selection), I'm not saying that this Trophy should be treated as the 'Worthless Cup', but it's nothing compared to the league. A good run in the KSC generates about as much money as 5-6 home league games (in gate receipts). However, if Andy Hessenthalers' side were to re-enter, even with a second string side out, an away trip to a Gillingham would be somewhat more lucrative and competitive than a draw to lowly Sittingbourne. COME ON PAUL SCALLY AND HESSY, RE-ENTER THE GILLS!!!