Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Highgate United v The Town

littlehampton

Earlier today Town travelled up to the West Midlands for a commemorative friendly match against Highgate United at The Coppice this afternoon (3.00pm).

The match has special significance for those of us who were at that fateful Highgate United v Enfield FC, FA Amateur Cup game, 50 years ago, and witnessed Highgate player Tony Allden being struck by lightning and dying shortly after.

Today, as we remember that very sad event, the occasion and ongoing friendship between the two clubs, seems much more important than the outcome.

Awful. I was eight when this happened, but remember my Gran reading me the story from the local paper.

Transcends football, that's for sure.

A goalless second half at the Coppice, but Town chalk up another pre-season win, as they prepare for the start of the new season two weeks today.

Not much feedback to report today. Be good to hear back from Towners' who attended the match. Was it a fair result, good game, what sort of team did we field, were there many changes from the Cheshunt game, which players caught the eye this afternoon? Please share your thoughts.

Archived