Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 3 Arlesey Town 2

Swifty

A welcome win against handy opposition, though I guess neither side will be happy with the end result.

We got off to the perfect start when a lovely diagonal ball into the box by (I think) Tom was despatched clinically by Bitz after 97 seconds. New signing "Tony" Cottee headed us further ahead in the 31st minute before a left wing cross was thundered home on the volley from the edge of the box by Fleminho on the stroke of half time.

We didn't have quite the same tempo after the break, which was understandable, but still played some lovely stuff, with Weighty catching my eye in particular. During the game, Tyler had to be on the ball to cover and smother probing Arlesey attacks along with our defence, while Blues keeper Bart Pedrycz made two superb saves to keep the score down. Arlesey deserved something out of the game but with 89 minutes gone it looked like an easy victory. Instead, a rasping low drive by Taylor Rhiney in the 90th was followed by a belter into the top corner from Cade Stephens Abbey in the 93rd.

We'll be unhappy at letting the lead dissipate so late in the game, while Arlesey were disappointed, maybe at not getting a foothold earlier. On the whole, though, it was an enjoyable match played in the right manner and both sides should do well this season if tonight was anything to go by.

Most impressed with the online programme and the typed teamsheets, by the way. One hopper who likes to watch us on a semi-regular basis (and doesn't have a PC) asked if there was a possibility of future home games being typed at the bottom of the teamsheet - maybe this is possible?

Anyway, three more points, and a pleasing display overall. Hopefully the shape of things to come.

The result was a little annoying as we were so much better than Arlesey, 3-2 is a very flattering scoreline for the opposition.

This is a very impressive start to the season by the Ash Trees. The only slight negative is our tendency to run out of steam in the last 15, which was the case against both Cambridge and Arlesey.

As last season this team has the potential to score 2 or 3 in every match, we just need to play for the full 90 to prevent the opposition back in the match.

We got off to the perfect start when a lovely diagonal ball into the box by (I think) Tom was despatched clinically by Bitz after 97 seconds.

It was Jack Beadle who made the brilliant diagonal ball for Mark Bitmead opening goal.

Arlesey tactics were to keep the ball in the defence and build an attack from there. But I agree with the score it flattered Arlesey they were out of the game after the first half.

Archived