Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Daggers boss wants defensive improvement

FF News

John Still last night demanded improvement from Dagenham & Redbridge's defensive players.

The veteran manager wasn't impressed by what he saw during the 3-3 draw with Ebbsfleet United.

After going 2-0 ahead and then 3-1 up, Still wanted his team to "shut up shop" and protect the three points.

Instead, the Fleet roared back and the fact they were allowed to twice turn thing around made the Daggers chief see red.

Still has seen his charges let in five goals in two games and the fact that they have scored the same amount in that time paints a clear picture for him in regard to his side's recent shortcomings.

"I’m very disappointed," admitted the manager. "We have conceded three goals from re-starts, but we can’t defend at the moment. Out defending in general isn’t too bad, but the re-starts are a problem.

"We can’t let the ball bounce twice and we have done on more than one occasion.

"With the greatest of respect, that’s not the standard that’s required. It’s a new back four, I understand that, but it’s nowhere near good enough. I can’t make excuses.

"We will score goals of goals this year, we’re quick, we’re sharp and we’re bright. We won’t have any issues with that at all, we have players who can score all over the pitch.

"But the problem is that we don’t have the balance at both ends of the pitch."

Source: www.thenationalleague.org.uk

Source

Archived