Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gulls caretaker boss would take permanent role

FF News

Torquay United caretaker manager Robbie Herrera says if offered the job, he would like to be in charge.

After a dramatic 3-2 defeat against Guiseley, the caretaker admitted that while disappointed at the loss, he would be interested in taking over on a full-time basis.

Herrera who had been the assistant to Kevin Nicholson took charge of the match in Yorkshire and afterwards said.

"Right now I am doing the job, I have to say like anyone else if the powers that be decided that they wanted me to have it, I would be interested in it that is for sure.

He added "We will wait and see when that decision is made but I am happy to carry on until that happens."

When reflecting on a loss where the side were 2-1 up with 89 minutes on the clock, Herrera tried to sum up the dramatic match.

"I thought we would have seen it through, the game is won and lost in both boxes and unfortuntley we lost it there, we created loads of chances, but I felt we tried to walk it in a few times when we were in front.

"There are positives to take from that performance and at the moment it is my job to pick them back up and that is what I will do, I know we have what it takes to be a good side."

Source: www.thenationalleague.org.uk

Source

Archived