Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

More cup records for Thamesmead Town

FF News

Thamesmead Town - and four goal striker Alex Teniola- reflect on Saturday's record cup victory

This time last year Thamesmead Town were creating an FA Cup milestone by playing in the first ever FA Cup tie to be played in the Channel Islands, as they travelled to Guernsey where they came home with a 2-2 draw.

This season they delivered yet another club milestone, as they travelled to East Preston's Lashmar stadium and walloped eight goals past home keeper Chris Cook to record both a club record FA Cup victory and the largest margin of victory in Mead's 48 year history.

This was also the biggest win in the entire road, and earns the side a home draw with either Lewes or Newhaven in the First Qualifying Round. Alex Teniola took the plaudits with four goals, and could have had five had a free kick after only three minutes not been not been disallowed.

Alex told the Town official website:

“Saturday was a great experience, being involved in an 8-0 win, that was my first! Even better to do it in the FA Cup; also very happy to make history with the club as well. Scoring four with half an hour to go was an amazing feeling. For me the most important thing was it helping me boost my confidence, as a striker, you always need to get going and hopefully keep a momentum, so to open my account for the season with four was brilliant. I’m buzzing for all the boys hopefully we carry on with great performances till the end of the season!”

Source: www.isthmian.co.uk

Source

Archived