Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

First win was vital says Wings boss

FF News

Welling United secured their first win of the Vanarama National League season on Saturday that is vital in the opinion of player-manager Jamie Coyle.

The Wings beat Hungerford Town 3-2 at home to pick up their first maximum points haul.

It was boss Coyle that opened the scoring with his fourth of the season and then Bradley Goldberg and Thomas Bradbrook added one each to put the Wings 3-0 up after just 19 minutes.

The away side rallied though and Louie Soares pulled one back in the first-half and Luke Hopper netted late on to make it a nervy finish.

Welling are now beginning to find their stride and Coyle has stressed the importance of their first win.

"We're three unbeaten now. This win will do us a massive favour for our confidence moving forward and we can build on this," he told the club's website. "We have to stop conceding those sloppy goals but there's load of positives and I can't fault the work rate.

"They all give us 110% and as long as they keep doing that, with the quality we've got, we'll be moving forward quickly.

"It's just a little bit of belief. When you have a couple of results not go your way and you don't get the points you think you deserve, it's tough. The boys have really dug in and worked hard.

And on his own good start to the season, Coyle joked: "I haven't scored this many, this early before - apart from back in the day when I could actually run!"

Source: www.thenationalleague.org.uk

Source

Archived