Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sports boss "delighted" with start to the season

FF News

Mickleover Sports manager John McGrath has been hailing his side's start to the new EVO-STIK League campaign.

In a statement on Tuesday before the arrival of Stafford Rangers at the Don Amott Arena in one of the night's 11 top flight fixtures, McGrath also congratulated everyone from midfielder Andy Dales on his milestone appearance at Lancaster City on Saturday to his touchline team and the club's next generation of stars coming through the NPL Football Academy.

McGrath, who also manages the club's champions of the EVO-STIK League's ground-breaking league wide academy, told fans via the clubs's website and social media channels that he was enjoying planning for a brighter future after the success they've enjoyed and recently signing a new two year contract.

The Sports boss said "I am delighted with how pre-season has gone. All the lads are looking fit and I am especially delighted with our start to the new season with five points taken from our first three games.

"I am delighted with the impact of my backroom staff as well. Liam Walshe and Clinton Morrison have really taken to their roles and as a manager it is nice to have people behind me who I can 100 per cent trust.

"Congratulations to Andy Dales who on his 150th competitive appearance for Sports scored against Lancaster City at the weekend. We have added some good quality over the summer with new additions Bradley Grayson, Evan Garnett, Ben Morris and Danny Gordon all having positive affects on the team."

He added "The academy boys have started their pre-season as well ahead of the new campaign which starts again in September. The boys have been working hard with myself and my fellow academy coach Andy Dales. The next generation to hopefully following in the footsteps of Lewis Belgrave, Jordan Gilhooly, Jake Dickinson and Morgan Williams."

Source: www.evostikleague.co.uk

Source

Archived