Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Myers returns for second spell as Bishop Auckland boss

FF News

Colin Myers has returned for a second spell as manager of Ebac Northern League club Bishop Auckland.

colin myers spartans

Myers previous spell with the Two-Blues saw him manage the club between 2009 and 2013, before leaving to take up a position as Tom Wade's assistant manager at Blyth Spartans.

In his final season in charge of Bishops he led them to the Durham FA Challenge Cup and to seventh place in the Northern League, their highest league finish since 1987.

Myers was Spartans number two when the Croft Park club made it to the FA Cup Third Round in 2014, before a brave 3-2 defeat against Championship club Birmingham City ended their remarkable run.

He left Spartans after two years and has had managerial roles with Consett and Crook Town, before returning the Bishop Auckland as assistant to manager Steve Riley.

Riley left the club last week and a number of candidates were interviewed for the role, with former North Shields manager Jon McDonald believed to be one of those potential candidates.

However, the club have chosen to stick with Myers, as they look to turn around a poor start to the season that has seen them beaten in all four of their Northern League fixtures and knocked out of the FA Cup.

Bishop chairman Nick Postma said “We interviewed some very strong candidates for the position and I am delighted to welcome Colin as first team manager. I am confident he can turn things on the pitch around for us.”

Myers commented “I am delighted to be back at Bishop and can’t wait to get started with what will be a big job. I know from my interview with the Board that everyone is ready to move forward and I am excited at being part of this process.”

Myers kicks off his second spell as Bishops manager when they entertain Guisborough Town as Heritage Park on Saturday.

Article: Mark Carruthers (@marknldaily)
Image: Reuters Media

Source

Archived