Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cole steps down from Bulls board of directors

FF News

Hereford FC Chairman, Ken Kinnersley, has announced that the club’s Financial Director, Mike Cole, will be standing down from his role on the Board of Directors.

In recent discussions with his fellow Directors, Mike stated that he’s been finding it more and more difficult to balance his own business commitments and home life with his responsibilities as a board member at Edgar Street and that therefore the time is right to stand aside.

As Mike explains:

‘It is with great reluctance that I am standing down from this position, but work and family commitments naturally have to come first.

‘It has been a great experience and an honour to be involved at the club and I am sure it will continue on its path back to where it should be thanks to the incredible support it receives and the outstanding efforts from all of the staff and volunteers throughout the whole year.

‘I would like to wish everyone at the club the best of luck for the future and I look forward to another successful season.’

Speaking about Mike’s decision, Kinnersley commented:

‘We are all sad that Mike is going to step down, but we completely respect his decision and sympathise with the tough choice he has had to make.

‘We have been aware for some time that Mike has been concerned about balancing his own heavy work load managing his accountancy practice and the important role he plays for his family, with his position here at the club.

‘We have all told Mike that he is absolutely right to put his own life – and that of his family – first and therefore we all believe his decision is the correct one. We are very appreciative of the time and effort he has put into his role as Financial Director at Edgar Street – he has been a pleasure to work with and has done a fine job throughout his time on the board.

‘On behalf of everyone at Hereford FC, I would like to say a big ‘thank you’ to Mike, and wish him and his family all the very best for their future.

‘Mike’s departure means we now have a vacancy to fill on the board at Edgar Street and recent history should tell everyone what an important role the one of Financial Director is, as it oversees the overall financial governance, strategy and business planning for Hereford FC.

‘The new appointment to this voluntary position will be expected to work with the club’s accounting staff to ensure we continue to have the appropriate procedures in place, and maintain them, as well as producing the management accounts, overseeing financial strategy and advising the board on any matters relevant to this area of business.

‘Applications for this role are invited from experienced accountants – the position may best suit someone who has recently retired or who works part-time – and in the first instance applications and expressions of interest should be sent to me direct at chairman@herefordfc.co.uk.

Article: www.herefordfc.co.uk

Source

Archived