Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A serious question ?

Albury_Walker

So how did Steve Newing get along at your club . ? He was unveiled as our Manager last night following Paul Wickendens departure. Can he Improve Amber's fortunes do you think.??

Results reveal that he did a good job at Isthmian North level, but he seemed to be out of his depth after taking us into the Isthmian Premier. It took a George Borg rescue mission to save us from relegation. He may well have learned alot from his time at ETFC and in lesser roles at Wealdstone etc. I guess time will tell...

We've had him at Cheshunt before as a coach under Glen Was just wondering if he could cut the mustard in his own right. I think I read somewhere he left you lot under a bit of a dark cloud. Paul's fate was sealed after a pitiful finish last season and a bad start this time. I think Steve can get us up and running but some of the player's Paul bought in are very much out of their depth IMO.

He never left under a cloud, just relieved of his duties. He got Enfield playing some very good football at times. Unfortunately these excellent displays were almost all 3-2 defeats. Think we had about 7 of them about 4 seasons ago. One against East Thurrock when 2-0 was some of the best football I've seen at the Donkey dome.

Surprised at some of the negativity, Steve Newing did a great job for our club, including getting us promoted.

He'd probably taken us as far as he could when he left (all managers have an end date) but I have no doubt he has the credentials to do well at Cheshunt - I wish him well.

Thanks for the positive feedback. But some of these boys we have are just not good enough and it stands out a mile. Losing Billy Jones last season and Liam Hope more recently hasn't been very helpful either.

Archived