Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 2nd September

One of the best days ever as a Berkhamsted fan and yes well worth the £9 entrance fee! :-)

Berkhamsted should have been winning after the opening 20 minutes and also a club record attendance figure of 366.

Did not disgrace themselves at all against opposition 2 divisions higher.

This result has shocked me.

We were not good enough today, few missing and a reshuffle after losing centre half in warm up, but regardless Enfield were the better side. Enfield were quick, played good football and took their chances. We gifted them goals and didn't take our chances. Enfield are a good side. Paul and Roni were raging with the lads after the game, they know they are better than today's performance. Enfield are the team to beat no doubt. Two cup games so quite a while before they can put it right in the league. I know there are more missing for Vase game (holidays, Work etc). Still think we will be right up there come the end of the season. Great turnout again today.

We were not good enough today, few missing and a reshuffle after losing centre half in warm up, but regardless Enfield were the better side. Enfield were quick, played good football and took their chances. We gifted them goals and didn't take our chances. Enfield are a good side. Paul and Roni were raging with the lads after the game, they know they are better than today's performance. Enfield are the team to beat no doubt. Two cup games so quite a while before they can put it right in the league. I know there are more missing for Vase game (holidays, Work etc). Still think we will be right up there come the end of the season. Great turnout again today.

Every team at this level has 'a few missing' most weeks and have to deal with it. Winslow have a nice weekly budget so should be up there at the end of the year along with Southall.

No budget at Winslow at all that I am aware of (20 years involved as a player etc.. and related to current committee members and talk fairly reg with chairman), unless it's a secret benefactor nobody knows (if so that's great, but the gaffer and players et al are keeping it very quiet). We tried to cobble one last year but it stopped after about 6 weeks. Last time we had a 'budget' was when Perry had a good side and he was putting his hands in his own pocket which is pretty amazing. As it's a sports and social club, money made in the bar etc... goes to running the sports and social club not the football team if you see what I mean. Shame as most of the money generated is through football, it's been a bone of contention for years. Few of the committee memebers and supporters are putting in a few quid when they can to build a pot to put for end of season do.

Most teams as you say have players missing, and will see a bit of in and out. Teams that will do the best will be the ones that are 'missing a few' the least weeks and have the least coming in and out. We've had a revolving door for few years, hopefully it seems this squad will be pretty settled. I'm hopeful of a positive season, a lot of good teams will make for an interesting and enjoyable season.

Archived