Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Who up front?

Personally, I think I'd like to see Andy try Rob with Louie. Although Ben has had a few good games recently, I still think Louie gives us better options - and let's face it he was probably our only player on Tuesday night who came out with any credit.

That said, a lot will depend on what the Weston Super Mare defence is like. If they have a couple of lumbering centre halves in their team then playing Louie and Ben may be a better option to make use of their pace. But please let's not commit Tuesday's tactical error of playing high balls into the box and expecting two blokes who probably measure just over 10 feet between them to win headers, let's try and play balls in behind the centre halves for Ben and Louie to run onto (round the goalkeeper and slot home - he says tongue in cheek)

The Weston Super Mare Centre back are slow they will be Billy Clarke ex Newport and Lee jarman ex Barry Town........Jarman has no pace at all but will be dangerous at set pieces.up front they have a couple of useful players Slater ex west Ham and Mac Gregor ex Bristol Rovers...Anyway we should be far too strong from them...At most they will be around 20 fans...

See you all at the Halifax Game

Quote:
smithyman said:
You're right Dave, forgot about Dennis - in which case I may even consider Rob and Dennis so we'd be able to combine height and pace.

No wonder mangers go bald with the choices they have to make!!

That's how we started against Chester, but we didn't really get going until Ben came on according to the commentary on Radio Kent.

Quote:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

smithyman said:

You're right Dave, forgot about Dennis - in which case I may even consider Rob and Dennis so we'd be able to combine height and pace.

No wonder mangers go bald with the choices they have to make!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's how we started against Chester, but we didn't really get going until Ben came on according to the commentary on Radio Kent.

Oli played the first half at Chester on the right of an ineffective 5 man midfield, leaving Haworth the lone striker.

It was only when Rob went off , to be replaced by Abbey that we went 4 -4 -2 and pushed Oli further forward.

Er may i put you straight there Mc Gregor has gone back to Tamworth if you mean Mc Keever then he has a 50-50 chance but i think he will not risk him other than from the bench. As for Clark and jarman having no pace i,ll let you decide that for yourself. Farnborough said simular comments and look what happened. anyway see you all tomorrow. By the way can we loan a couple of hundred fans to make it look good please? blush.gif