Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

New player.

vauxhallman

Not having been around for some weeks, due to medical reasons, I have relied on information about the teams progress from the comments on the form.

I had hope that perhaps, as previously suggested by some, I was being somewhat negative in my criticism of what I saw at the first game.

Therefore it does not make me at all self satisfied to read that some of my observations are now being echoed by some of the contributors, especially regarding one of our central defenders. It did not take very long, just one game, to see that he had no place at EFTC what ever his credentials show. I was even pushed to ask the chairman, be it in jest, what Pub team he played for. Not even Mr Purse could make anything from this pigs ear.

My immediate fear is that the manager is bent on getting rid of any player who has had a previous connection with Brad Q's team. I await to see if Micky Purcell is on the bench tomorrow because I would not be surprised to see someone with his ability leave. It will only then leave Kirby, when fit, for us to see how he is treated.

I am afraid that his critics outside the club are proving to be right in that the only way to go is his way. But I also said in the summer upon his appointment that he was chosen for his ability to work within our budget .My choice would have been the assistant manager of a National League side not to far from Enfield, but finance over rules all. This seems inevitable.

I hope that I haven't misread the official announcement regarding the new player as there seems to be a somewhat contradiction. It says that he is eligible for tomorrows game but later it is suggested by the manager that we are awaiting international clearance. 

I hope that everything is in order by tomorrow. I would hate to get all the way to the Cup final to find we lost because of another balls-up. Surely no one could be daft enough to let that happen, would they?

But let's get over tomorrows hurdle first with a win. 

4wembleyfinals- are you taking miserable tablets? Cor blimey bet Xmas dinner is a scream in your household. The Christmas Cracker jokes must get caned before they are told.

Dunno about you but I'm with Vauxhallman, I'm getting down to Hanwell to support Andy/Darren/Mr Chairman/Mr Vice President/ Mr Kitman and will be happy with an ugly 1-0 win, support is what we need not miserable negativity which is coming across in such an uninspiring nature. Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you

4wembleyfinals- are you taking miserable tablets? Cor blimey bet Xmas dinner is a scream in your household. The Christmas Cracker jokes must get caned before they are told.

Dunno about you but I'm with Vauxhallman, I'm getting down to Hanwell to support Andy/Darren/Mr Chairman/Mr Vice President/ Mr Kitman and will be happy with an ugly 1-0 win, support is what we need not miserable negativity which is coming across in such an uninspiring nature. Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with you

Everyone has the right to an option.No ones point of view is more valid than the next persons.Ok,so maybe some fans are very critical.Just as some fans are over optimistic.Fans by nature have different expectations and see things in different ways.We need views and comments from all ends of the spectrum in order to get a balanced overall view of the current state of affairs at our club at any given time.

Very well said lovely stuff.

Also for 4wembleyfinals info the new player has been training with us for weeks and awaiting his international clearance which is all in place now,he is a very good player.

Now please go and swallow a bucket of happy tablets and get down to hanwell and support the boys.

Still seems some supporters underestimated the task of building a team from scratch... I thought a mid table finish would be a result... you think of the dozens of players Brad trialled before a team took shape....when better players become available I'm sure they will be brought in...but for now let's encourage the players who might not be the required standard but are probably the best available and are giving their best....

Oh dear, seems I to have misread all the previous comments made by so many over the last few weeks. As I said I have relied on these comments for my observations. I also inferred how sorry I was to hear how we are doing.

Once again LS you bring some sanity to the Forum, thanks.

Glad to see that Theo...Has woken up again as he seems to have been very quite, while others were being critical, in my absence.

Regarding VM I am afraid I was otherwise engaged with the NHS whilst the new player was in training and was only going by what I read. I would have preferred watching football. Obviously you don't appreciate the mixed message written in the Official Announcement.

Unfortunately, I am not mobile enough to get the match to day but will be watching Live Scores avidly hoping for a WIN. But I will take my happy pills, I have been suplied with plenty, if you promise to take your REALITY pills.

As for PRocket glad to see you still appreciate Christmas. Thought some remarks, quite funny, but from your writing I would not have thought you that old to know what the trenches are, did your granddad take you to see them? I only saw active service in Korea. Ask your dad what that was all about.  Before you waste your time writing again ...I AM JUST JOKING!!!!!!! 

I would,however, ask you in particular to read some of the critical comments by others following the Brightlingsea  and  Wingate matches. If you had shown the courage to be as openly obnoxious to  them as you are of me, then I would have at least had enough respect for you to let you share my fox-hole. 

That said I hope the Forum can now get back to talking football objectively and not abusively.

Nice to have you back 4WF.... Not been quiet at all... my comments pre season that some supporters underestimated what a big job the management had has been proven and my hopes for a mid table finish still stands.... I would just love to know where all these top players that Andy missed out on are....

Thanks Theo.

I have to admit I have been at times over critical perhaps, my only excuse is that for the past 18 months my personal condition has got to me more than a bit.

However, regarding players, I have felt for some time how many of the players not taken by BQ were properly encourage to stay by the new management before they started recruiting. Their names have been raised by others. It seems strange that only two decided to stay.  From what I was told during the summer it is indicative with LS style of management. Unless existing payers come to him they are out. Again that is what I heard and so far it seems be the case.

If you are going to days game hope you enjoy it and lets hope we have a WIN

Archived