Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town V Hanwell Replay

seemgee

Now that was good ! Drew Roberts playing in his rightful role as a pacy centre forward worked a treat. Added to that the re introduction of Aaron Greene on the right wing always gave us an out ball. Ryan Blake was excellent, was always chasing down and looking for the ball, my MOTM. Defensively, we were solid. That was light years better than what I witnessed at Wingate last week ! Keep it up Andy, we may have something to cheer about !

Best performance of the season so far.The celebrations between the crowd and the new players after the first goal was great to see.Some very nice passing and interplay especially in the second half.

Is this game a turning point for the season?.Just hope we can produce that sort of performance and show that sort of pace and passing ability against teams at our level.

Lets not get carried away. It was a better performance - and an important win. But Hanwell were nothing to write home about. We still looked very exposed at times - particularly through the middle when the centre of midfield found themselves caught upfield. A better team than Hanwell would have exploited this. So, theres still alot of work to do.

Aaron Greene is one of the best players I've seen at this level. Its a very welcome surprise that he's decided to leave Chelmsford. Very much hope we can hang on to him. He reminds me a bit of EFC's John Bailey - quick, skilful and never giving up - even when he loses the ball.

Ryan Blake was a tireless runner last night. A proper fan's favourite. Very glad he got the goal he deserved.

Micky Parcell with another strong performance. Worked his socks off. Even when he lost the ball he worked to win it back - from the right wing to left back positions on one occasion.

Defensively we still look vulnerable. Jon Kyriacou at right-back still has to convince with some of his decision-making, but I accept we're a work in progress.

Joe Wright looked assured with his shot-stopping. Some of his kicking was a little wayward though.

All-in-all, while there's a place for Simon Thomas as a target man, I preferred the passing football and wing play we tried to play last night.

Very enjoyable game last night.

Ryan Blake was my MOM - chasing through balls in the last minutes when you have won the tie was commendable.

Drew was a close second to him, and linked up the team well

Every player on the pitch contributed towards the win last night though, as well as 3 subs that all came on to impress. Squad is increasing and there are now  more options for the manager

I think their keeper's antics actually got the crowd noise levels up, and the player-crowd interaction was great to see.

Yes Hanwell were poor, but we displayed the right attitudes, and I certainly feel more confident for the season again.

The same attitude and determination from the team, with the same support from the fans - and we should be confident against Phoenix .. 

I think and hope we are finally seeing a team structure/pattern emerging . With no obvious target player up front ( what Simon has been) Joe had obviously been told to play forward into the width provided by Mickey and Aaron ( who I think is a 'game changer' in the context of this squad/level ) . That's a tough plan to execute technically and as we saw Joe had mixed success but it meant, when it worked, we received the ball in wide areas and looked to combine inside to feet; playing to Ryan and Drew's strengths. It also made us far less predictable with ironically the first goal coming from pretty much Joe's first route one punt and a sharp finish. More importantly Andy has hopefully realized with the introduction of Dan Rummens and JK that a back 3 of,  less face it, 3 pretty immobile CH's of whom only one can pass effectively more than 10 yards simply does not work. A fun night and hopefully real progress.

We have some very strange 'opinionated ' supporters

This site would've gone into meltdown if we'd lost. It's also ironic that the 'opinionated' Einstein critics go quiet and struggle to praise victories and when a jobs done exceptionally well.

Win lose or draw I'll always support our club/team/s , I'll be miserable when we lose but can justifiably do cartwheels should we get success's, positivity sets the tone accordingly

Sorry Pocketsquib but I don't quite get what your point is. I think it's a bit arrogant, of you to suggest, in your last paragraph, that you have a monopoly in supporting the club.

That is unless you can say you have been a club supporter longer than those of us, who go back to the pre-1950's, both as players and supporters.

Due to my malaise I have only seen one game but what I have read, it seems to me most of the other contributors seem to be quite up beat about Saturdays match, be it some slightly more measured than others. It is only natural that some still retain the right to be a little bit reserved in their judgement. The result certainly gave me quite a lift and I hope to be fit enough to get to the game on the 30th.

I can't wait to see Aarone Green, especially as some are comparing him to Johnny Bailey.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals