Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town V Hanwell Replay

seemgee

Negativity? Only one or two on this forum could be described as overly critical .More people on here could be described as over optimistic..If we just wanted to interact with people who have the same views as ourselves then a discussion forum is not the place to be. All viewpoints are vaild.Even if they don't match our own.

Edited by lovely stuff

Think most forums for footy fans are the same to be honest.

Win and people are happy and lose...and the kneejerkers and criticism rains in.

Last year was obviously a high, although being knocked out in the semi finals of the playoffs was a frustrating way to finish.

This year was ALWAYS going to be a challenge to try to reach those heights again with only a couple of players remaining from that squad and Kirby being injured for so long.

Darren and Andy and all have come in and I think done very well overall in assembling a team in a short time.   I was at the away Hanwell game and it was certainly an improvement on a poor overall performance to Wingate.   Wasn't able to make the home Cup win but hear we played much better.

Ryan works very hard up front and does look dangerous in the positions he gets into.    Aaron Greene........welcome and thank you.   Work rate, great left foot, speed, tricks, he really is a bundle of fun on the wing and also seems a real team player.   He should be a challenge for any right/left back in the league and at full flow is great to watch.  He wants to have Town players on the ball and I for one hope he stays at Town for some time to come.  Chelmsford's loss is our gain.

Moore......whilst only coming on for a short while at Hanwell seems a real energiser.  Direct, takes players on and at a time when we have needed some creativity he certainly offers it.    It's great to watch him make defenders drop back......

I hope that if and when Kirby returns to the defence and we steady things up at the back, then we can try to get the ball down and start keeping possession.   Yes, Hanwell aren't/weren't stiff opposition but then again we're damned if we do/damned if we don't play well against them.

Was much happier with the last away performance and hopefully this can bring some real confidence to the team.

Up the Town!!!!

I see no problem with being critical of poor performances.Just as like to see praise for good performances.

I think your assessment that the management have done 'very well' falls into the category of over-optimistic in my opinion..Just as some other have been overly critical..I personally feel it has been an average and inconsistent start to the new era.But with some signs of improvement coming through.

Without Ryan and Aaron in the side i still think we look a very ordinary team.But i'm still confident the management can improve that quality of the team one step at a time and build a side that can compete for a play-off place.Even if we have to wait till next season for that.

Sorry to read VM you are thinking of dropping out. I know we have crossed views in the past but I still feel

everyone who commits their thoughts to this forum have one thing in common and that is all of us want to see the club continue to flourish and become successful. How to achieve this may not always be seen by some in the same prospective. Unfortunately some of us, of a certain age, require it to be sooner than later. That is the way of life.

I think that LS's opening sentence is akin to how I approach things.

Already from what I have read over the past few weeks has made me more optimistic for the future.

I hope, therefore, that you will continue submitting your views as they are important to the general debate.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals