Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Askey puzzled by lacklustre Silkmen

FF News

After a frustrating defeat against Maidstone, Macclesfield's winning run was put to an end. Wins against Solihull and AFC Fylde saw Macc win two games in a row for the second time this season but the Silkmen have bounced back from defeat before and can certainly do it again.

Manager John Askey has said before that consistency can be the key to success and he spoke to mtfc.co.uk earlier to talk about trying to build that run.

"We've bounced back in the past and we can do that again," he said. "When the players play well, they play really well, but we've got to work out how to win games when we're not playing well.

"It's about being more consistent, but I think that can be said about most of the teams in the league, but we've got to concentrate on ourselves and winning games."

John Askey also spoke about the recent Maidstone game and said that the performance was lacklustre.

"It obviously wasn't the result we wanted. I was really disappointed and we knew if we won we had a chance of going top.

"The performance was lacklustre and I'm still trying to work out why. It wasn't through lack of trying because when you've got that sort of talent in front of you then you want to do well.

"It's just frustrating really but it's still early days and were still three points off the top."

Source:
https://www.mtfc.co.uk

Source

Archived