Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gunners coaching role for Farnborough goal king

FF News

Farnborough FC striker Jamie Cureton has announced he has taken up a new role coaching within Arsenal's academy setup. The 42-year-old, who has scored in English football's top eight divisions, spoke to the Bristol Post about his new job with the Gunners.

"I'm taking my badges at the moment," revealed Cureton.

"I was approached in the summer by Arsenal and went down for meetings and it's gone on from there really."

The striker has a wealth of experience to pass on to Arsenal's youngsters, and his knowledge of the game will surely be valuable in an environment that can sometimes be suspicious of those without a Premier League background.

Despite taking on the new role Cureton is in no mood to hang up his boots just yet though, and plans to keep scoring goals for Farnborough for one more season at least.

"I'm starting out at Arsenal as a part time assistant for the under 16's and helping with the 15's as well," explained the former Bristol Rovers forward.

"So I'll be working Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday and then game days on a Saturday when I can."

Read more at:
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk

Source

Archived