Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gosport Borough vacancy attracts early interest

FF News

The vacant manager's post at Gosport Borough has already attracted a lot of interest following Alex Pike's departure on Monday.

Mick Catlin and Shaun Wilkinson are two candidates who have already thrown their name into the hat to become the next Privett Park boss.

Both are experienced in the game and know the difficult position the club is in.

Catlin spent nearly nine years at the club as Pike's assistant and played a key role in the club's successful rise from the Wessex League to National League South.

He also led the team out in their historic FA Trophy final appearance at Wembley.

Catlin only left the club in January when he became disillusioned with the way things were going.

He is currently assistant manager at Moneyfields but wants the vacant role at Borough.

'I am interested and will speak with the club about the job,' said Catlin

'During my previous spell with the club we had some great times and built some good teams.

'Unfortunately, now it needs to be done on a more sustainable basis. The club became the victim of its own success.

'Instead of being happy to be in Conference South they made the mistake of trying to chase the next step.

'I want to see how the land lies and would want to be given half a chance of succeeding.'

Read more at:
http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/gosport-borough-fc

Source

Archived