Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Carlton Town mourn passing of Paul Shelton

FF News

Carlton Town are devastated to announce the death of their long-serving secretary Paul Shelton at just 60 years of age.

Paul celebrated 40 years at the club with a big party in the Clubhouse last season, an event featured by Notts Non league Tv which was operating last season in Nottingham.

Paul had recently been ill and had a brief spell in hospital but was back at home recovering and was hoping to be back at Stoke Lane in October after missing a handful of games.

He sadly passed away over the weekend and news was relayed to Carlton officials on Monday morning after a phone call from his devastated sister.

The news as left many of the Carlton committee and staff shell shocked and Manager Wayne Scott was this evening relaying the news to the players at training following a meeting with the Chairman at the ground.

A number of people Paul have worked with at Carlton have been in touch with the club today to offer their condolences and pay their own tributes and this website will bring supporters some of those in the coming days.

Chairman Mick Garton made the following statement on behalf of the club.

"I received a phone call off Pauls close friend and fellow committee man Chris Bailey this morning to tell me this awful news and had to pull over for a time and take it all in, i must admit I was shaking, it is devastating news for first of all his family and in particular his sister Yvonne and all of us at Carlton Town"

"I have been Chairman for 17 years and Paul as been by my side throughout that time as Secretary at the club, he was brilliant at his job and cared deeply for the club, often putting his own money in to help pay towards the outgoings, he worked for the love of the club, never taking out, always putting in and was an invaluable member of our team and not having him around is going to be so strange and equally difficult for so many of us"

"Our thoughts at the moment are obviously with his family but I would just like to thank everyone who as been in touch with me and others at the club today including former managers Tommy Brookbanks and Les Mcjannet who both worked with Paul for many years and held him in such high regard"

"Trevor Wells and Chris Bailey have been covering for Paul during his recent absence and both have agreed to continue to do so for the immediate future, they are both also in bits over Pauls death"

Read more at: http://www.carltontownfc.co.uk

Source

Archived