Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Next Season

Yeah in fairness he’s predicted Hoddesdon and St Mags moved to the Essex Senior every year for the last 5 seasons!! He might get it right this year!!

That would be pretty disastrous for Tring. 2 hours 40 mins & 130 miles each way to Hereford - I bet that will be a Tuesday night in January! Keep us in the SSML & we won’t complain about traveling to Biggleswade again.

Clubs on a map link

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1m7nCg2JJL6A3coMblSWrm0QX3qU&ll=51.771948501300834%2C-0.8086582061728222&z=10

Edited by tringarmy

• 1 month later...

Two seasons ago I suggested the following listed in blue to the Committee. It was rejected because I was told clubs need regular Saturday football because of their bar income.

Following discussions with a number of Premier/Division One clubs and having spoken with Pat who will fill you in – it appears clubs want the season front loaded with fixtures.

It is my suggest that if all agreed I would like the following to be included on the Agenda for the AGM for the Premier/Division One clubs only to vote on.

I am suggest that I schedule no Premier/Division One fixtures for January and February. Given that these two months we normally suffer our worst weather. (Division Two and Reserve Team fixtures would not be effected)

The Full Time fixture generator operates on the following. It allocates fixtures firstly for the Primary Day (Saturday) and then the Secondary Day (Tuesday) thus filling all Saturdays first and any remaining games will start filling the Tuesdays from the first one until all fixtures allocated. Obviously I would then move Tuesday games to the following night should that be the club’s allocated midweek night.

Given that we normally get 39 Saturdays in a season and then removing two due to first rounds of FA Cup and FA Vase that means 37 Saturdays and in case of Premier Division the first five Tuesdays for their 42 games (August to second week in September).

By closing out January and February it would mean fixtures allocated for the next eight Tuesdays taking us through to the end of November. (The two extra weeks being allowed due to two Tuesdays being closed for the first two League Challenge Trophy Round fixtures)

This would also aid clubs that have pitches that are easily affected by the poor winter weather conditions.

January and February Saturday games would then be allocated by the following

1. Games called off due to clubs progressing in FA Cup and FA Vase.

2. Games called off due to clubs having replays in the FA Cup or FA Vase.

3. Games called off due to County Cup Fixtures.

4. Re-arrangement of any scheduled league games postponed due to the weather.

5. The latter stages of the League Challenge Trophy and Divisional Cup fixtures.

So effectively the clubs will not get eight blank Saturdays after all, they may get the odd one.

By doing these it will cut down on clubs receiving a fixture pile up at the latter end of the season.

Option B would be do away with giving clubs full season fixture lists and going back to monthly issues.

I know that you can’t please all the clubs and whichever way we go some clubs will continue to moan.

Because clubs fund the football for the league too, it is important that we play home games every other Saturday if possible. This is where we make money. Midweek games lose money due to the weather etc. There will be two less games next season so this will help. What about putting on a full set of midweek fixtures after the the first two rounds of the FA Cup and Vase. This will help get games played. Do we need Divisional Cups? Should the Premier Division Cup be only for the the clubs not in the Vase after round 1? Just some thoughts.

Full fixture list helps with planning our volunteers and pitch usuage.

I would probably get rid of the Prem and Division One cup due to the FA competitions. Would probably leave the Division Two Cup.

I agree about the home games every other week, although it’s difficult with all the ground shares, early season pitch access (cricket) and cup competitions.

This year has been particularly hit by weather as well. We’ve had two bouts of snow which is unusual and it’s taken months to stop raining.

For me there are 3 key improvements needed for next season:

1. Sort official situation out. Last weekend only 2 Division 2 games had 3 officials and then we had a development postponement in the week due to official being ill. I believe they already have a replacement Secretary Line up. I also heard this year was not helped due to appointments not being made early enough with officials so they took other games.

2. Fixtures, I think monthly might be better for the top 2 divisions until after Christmas due to cups that would allow more flexibility. Division 2 isn’t too bad but due to cups and pitch issues (us especially) it has had a detrimental effect.

3. Postponements. Surely in the digital age there has to be a better approach than having to pay a ref to come and inspect an obvious waterlogged pitch. Especially for midweek games. We might get the odd chancer but in the main clubs want to play and when nearly all games were postponed at points this season a bit more common sense would have been good.

Edited by Munchkin

At games this week I was told that Bovingdon, the current Herts County League leaders, have applied to join the Spartan Div Two, which is good news, but as I also know that one Div One club is leaving the league, and is in fact folding, we don't really gain anything.  

Heard Southall are moving to Combined Counties? Is that a good move for them? Off the top of my head it seems like more traveling.

OH GOOD !

The rumour season has started.  Must be all this sun. 

:bolt:

Southall move seems logical if they are sharing Ashford's ground next season.

Bovingdon will be good. Lack of lights is what stops them going higher.

Are Berkhamstead Raiders the side leaving div.2? Their chairman was in the paper saying we don't intend to run senior football ourselves.

I haven't heard that Berkhamsted Raiders are disappearing, although if that is the case, then they will be no loss.

Despite their fine track record in youth football, they were a largely a vehicle for a bunch of chancers to take control of the Broadwater ground, and gain access to huge chunks of public funding.

Fortunately, their complete lack of support, their dismal on-field performances, and the relative success of Berkhamsted FC, have all combined to consign their nasty little plan to the bin.     

To get any funding from football you need a minimum lease of 10 years or own the ground. Raiders should leave the Comrades a lone and focus on their own club.