Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 4 Reds (but Sky Blues today) 1

Swifty

A curious game where we were comfortable and two up, conceded a daft penalty and lost our way for half an hour, then got going again for the last quarter of an hour and made it safe.

We got off to a great start when Weighty (my man of the match today) did brilliantly to win the ball 30 yards out and feed it to Jack, whose wicked cross was nonchalantly finished from six yards out by Fleminho after 65 seconds. Weighty got his just rewards with a bullet header from a curled in free kick for 2-0 in, I think, the 24th minute (I must have dropped my teamsheet with the necessary details!), but then we lost the ball cheaply in defence and Tyler upended a forward for a 34th minute penalty - although Tyler did very well to save Dylan Kearney's kick low to his right, Kearney gobbled up the rebound for 2-1. 

After that it could have been Egham Town all over again. Having been well on top, we lost all shape and focus and Uxbridge were the better team until roughly the 75th minute, when we were awarded a free kick just outside the box and Uxbridge captain Kevin Warner got sent off, I assume for dissent. From the free kick, James Cottee persevered and scrambled the ball home. Romario put some gloss on the scoreline with a firm looping header across goal and into the top corner in the 84th minute.

Thanks to 'Brummie Martin' for holding my phone five times while I did sub announcements when trying to check Twitter for who we'd be away to in the next round, unaware that Romford v Hastings United is being played tomorrow! Thanks also to 'Gosforth Paul' for the new mic which worked like a charm.

No game on Tuesday as league opponents Aylesbury United drew their Trophy tie and need a replay, so it's Hayes and Yeading United at home next Saturday instead.

Archived