Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 12-December 17 )

• Photo
    Hornet

• Photo
    Riversider

• Photo
    tigersfan

• Photo
    theboss

• Photo
    beatsurrender

• Photo
    ebbsfleet is for life

• Photo
    sportingevenings

Photo

Todays Game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
15 replies to this topic

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Well lads enjoy the game today(you lucky people), and whether you agree or not about Andy's team selection, get behind the lads with plenty of noise. As it is minus 27F here today the only game in town is a Fussball(table football)game in the local bar........Wifey.........wheres the Bovril?...........

offline Unrecognized Genius

Unrecognized Genius
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
I'm not sure if it's operating for today's game, but can you pick up the website's live audio commentary?

It's a tad warmer, in sunny Gravesend by the way.

EC

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Thanks i will give it a try

offline chris blanc

chris blanc
  • First XI - Permanent
We drew 2 all by the way. Hmmm.....

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
thanks.......don't sound too impressed

offline Stu M

Stu M
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Rubbish. Absolutely unadulterated 100% crap. I'm not one to come on here and bash the team, but after sitting through 180 minutes against inferior opposition to watch us lose 3-0 and then drop a two-goal lead against an average DML team and watch us not performing for the whole second half was too much. As I said about the Dover match, I don't begrudge the club a tenner, but that's £20 in four days for nothing, with another home game next week that 25% of the people who saw today's meagre fare will probably not bother turning up to.

If the team don't want the four grand prize money enough to actually perform, I have a big credit card bill I could pay off.

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
I can sympathise. Been to many such matches in the years i followed the Fleet. Seems to go in cycles.

offline Bloodnock

Bloodnock
Yeah I can sympathise as well, OK I can get to see the replay Tues. night as I only have 50 or so miles to drive but it does make me wonder if it'll be worth the trip.
I can certainly remember coming home many a time feeling totally hacked off with the performance of a Fleet team but it's what being a supporter is all about,you gotta take the crap with the occassional sublime moments.

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Too true, Too often, unfortunately.

offline Riverview Supporter

Riverview Supporter
  • First XI - Sub
What gets on my tits (sorry if thats offensive) is that this week , I have spent £25 including drinks etc..... to see two very poor performances.

I have better things to spend my money on , and wont be bothering with any of these non conference games.

The enthusiasm from the bench was non existance.

I dont know what is said at half time. Maybe the club could tape andy and put it on sale a cure for insomnia as it puts the players to sleep.

Did you know we can use three subs. If anyone sees Andy , tell him.

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Well a bad day all round. Our Fussball game was abandoned after 15 mins., when a bag of peanuts invaded the pitch, split and spead to all parts of the stadium. The Chairman,(Bar owner), refused us our 75 cents entry fee, and told us if we didn't like it drink elsewhere. As there is only one bar in town we left muttering curses.
Maybe after reading this total load of rubbish you can smile and feel a little better.

offline JimGNFC

JimGNFC
Judging by the inept second half performance, we clearly have more than a few players who would be better suited playing Dr Martin's League Football than in the Conference.

Having said that, the team played very well in the first half, with the passing game once again in evidence - being used to pass the ball from 1 side of the pitch to the other, over-running the opposition for much of the first half.

At half time, I can only think that the players thought it was job done - even the PA Announcer decided to announce the attendance in the first half!!!

In terms of value for money the last couple of home games have represented poor value for our hard earned cash. Given the money the Club has made from the Cup run, sponsorship etc. it wouldn't hurt the powers that be to offer us all a) free programmes for a match or B) offer to pay for a Supporters Away Coach to a game.

offline Hirsty

Hirsty
  • First XI - Permanent
"I have spent £25 including drinks etc..... to see two very poor performances."

I spent £25 on drinks....and I was only there today !!

At least it was all in a good cause !!

Cheers,

offline Paulo GNFC

Paulo GNFC
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Quote:
JimGNFC said:

....even the PA Announcer decided to announce the attendance in the first half!!!

Doesn't take too long for a 600 gate!

I wonder, did we lose a couple of hundred thru the gate today because of Tuesday's poor display?? If so, doesn't look good for next Sat's game!

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Oh, the Abbacus beads were hardly smoking then.....600.... that must be a loss on the day surely?

offline Hirsty

Hirsty
  • First XI - Permanent
Hopefully next week's attendance will be back up to the norm.....I usually round up a few beer buddies for the game, casual followers as they may be described, but they weren't too bothered about today. A couple were working, but I hope to have about an extra 5 or 6 with me next week....the bar takings will increase at least !!

Cheers,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus