Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tactically superb

Theodopolous

Heartbreaking's the word, devastating!

But:

Superb performance, superb support (if only we had more than three songs?) Look forward to seeing Maidstone's Yr.11 massive at QEII replay (unless they've got a French oral exam the following morning that is!)

They didn't look two tiers above us to me?

We can do this....COYT!!!

Did they rest players or was that their first 11 ? If we play that same team on Tuesday night, we will beat them. Magnificent support today. Three songs or not, it was relentless and it spurred the boys on. Get all your mates down on Tuesday and let's roar them on. They are so worthy after today !

What a game what a great job by the fans singing for 90 mins I salute you all

On the game all the players were fantastic purse along with the other centerhalf won every high ball the two wingbacks Micky and Aaron staying disciplined doing there defensive duties stoping most threats from wide it must be tough for them when they want to do there better work in the attacking part of there games. Ryan and Sam were tireless with there shutting down, and the boys upfront not to many opportunities to shine but they worked and worked for the team well done. And last but not least Wrighty fantastic pal safest hands in the league in my opinion

Now for Tuesday they will be way up for the reply now they know they got out of jail so lads rest rest rest and more of the same Tuesday proud of you all

Completely agree with the comments above, what a great game to be at! Such a pity that we couldn't hold out for that final 5th minute of injury time.

We didn't play the most attractive football we've ever played but we got it exactly right tactically. Brilliant performances all over the park, particularly on the artificial surface which I don't think suits this team - looking forward to the rematch on grass. 

Our first goal was superb play from Montell, Micky and Simon and Darren showed ice cool nerves for the penalty in addition to his superb marshalling of the defence. Taylor & Dan certainly didn't let him down. Another great day for Joe Wright too. Sam Youngs gave his all, particularly towards the end and Ryan Blackman was man of the match for me. Difficult day for Aaron as Maidstone doubled up on him but he still put in the hard yards defensively. Adam Martin looks to be getting stronger too, and Ryan, Ben & John played their parts when brought on late on.

Proud of supporters and players alike - now fully bonded together after a difficult start for all. So now we go through it all again on Tuesday - pity that the Spurs game on TV is likely to mean a lower crowd than otherwise would be the case. Liverpool on TV too but I know where I'll be after that performance!

Credit to Maidstone too. Nice club, well organised. Segregation not ideal (we were at the wrong end for all 3 penalties so couldn't comment with any great certainty on those) but I understand all the National League games are now segregated. Nice touch to organise the bar, tv showing the Premiership game and food underneath the stand just for the away supporters.

The draw for the next round is live on BBC2 at 7pm on Monday - Barnet would do for me!

Days like yesterday are what we got Andy & Darren in for. Their tactical nous very very nearly saw us through to the 1st Round. I had my doubts for a while, but they now seem to be assembling a very solid squad. Aaron and Mickey were brilliant wing-backs yesterday. They defended as if their lives depended upon it, and on the rare occasions when they were able to venture forward, produced an end result - Mickey's cross for Simon to head home and Aaron's cross leading to the foul on Sam Youngs.

Whatever happens on Tuesday, I'm very proud to be a Towner. In a very short time Andy & Darren have put together a team which can beat anyone in our league...and we're only 3 months into this project.

As for the support. The drumming was awesome and were the result based on singing alone then we would've won 6-0!

I reckon Ryan Blake could yet be the star on Tuesday.

Archived