Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Have I missed something?

Brian A

Did we at some point declare total disinterest in the FA Trophy and the potential £200k we could earn (as per the earlier Chester thread - maybe that includes their higher gates but I'd assume 6 figures is possible even for us)? After all if we can go to Chester and win and draw surely we should fear no one?

There were probably only 3 or 4 players up for it today plus the 670 who gave up money and precious weekend time to witness a terrible performance. Where did the confidence and team spirit disappear to? I hope it is still there. We expect better and should have got better. Like many of you that read this my heart and support will be unwavering and I will be back loudly encouraging, silently criticising but those that were their today (and last Tuesday) are owed a professional, convincing performance in the replay.

ps that includes decent dead ball deliveries!

I could not agree more! I don't mind paying 10 quid to see GNFC. They need the cash! I was there on Tuesday night and today (I'll be there next Saturday too). I cannot help but be worried that if performances like this continue the gate will shrink and not grow and the dream of going full time will be just that...a dream!

I was there tuesday, and saturday (yesterday) Although yesterday was a slight improvement on tuesday, by the midway through the second half, no one wearing red could be arsed!

As for tuesday I put the blame on Ford, he gave the impression that he wasn't taking the game seriously by putting out some unknown players. This apathy passed onto the players on pitch, who just couldn't be bothered. When the third goal went in, although I don't like to say it, I was embarressed to be a fleet supporter!

And so I trudged there yesterday to watch what I hoped would be a game to give us faith again, and for the first half it was. But yet again somethings just not working.

This is quite a long post, so I'll apologise for that, and finish up soon. Question time, I've been pleased recently to see Haworth back in the starting line up, at Margate he worked his heart out for us, bit disappointing today, but got a goal, but why not start Perkins too, as well as Pinnock, who I rate higher than Abbey (although I will admit he played well today) Apart from that, Shearer needs to put in consistent performances if he expects to carry on holding the fans respect

Let's see what happens in the next couple of league games before we talk about burst bubbles, Cookie, old son.

What is it about many Margate supporters that if they're in dire straits they hate the whole world & want to see it suffer too? Personally, I hope you pull out of your mess & are still in the top flight of the Conference with us next season. I also hope that if the Fleet were in your situation, I'd be big enough not to develop Paranoia Childishimus Maximus.

EC

Quote:
cookie said:
Said your bubble had burst.Glad to see (dare I say it), DOVER put one over on you.Yes, even dover come up with more popularity than you lot in my eyes.

Er..... Dover put one over a reserve side as our manager can't be arsed to win the Kent cup anymore.

Now run along home - oh, hang on, Margate haven't got one.

Quote:
cookie said:
Said your bubble had burst.Glad to see (dare I say it), DOVER put one over on you.Yes, even dover come up with more popularity than you lot in my eyes.

Heh heh. Who reckons Cookie has been poised over his keyboard ready to pounce, leopard-like, upon the first adverse Fleet result so he could prove his erroneous point that our 'bubble' had burst.

As FF said, Dover put one over on a second string team which was a bad result for that team, but no reflection on the first team. Saturday, admittedly, was crap but hardly the bursting of any bubble. Did we have a bubble to burst in the first place? Two wins over Margate isn't a bubble, more a damp squib.

Its all good "jive" talking fellas.I find it all so amusing and so as long as it dosent get overheated then why shouldnt we "jive talk".Its all a bit of fun I think.Hope you do also.Have you still got that actor/diver/hit from above waster of a protheroe. Got to admit my distaste for your side only really emerged after that debacle when he threw himself down in front of our fans without anyone near him. When that attitude dies perhaps I will return to respect you all again. Isn't that something to look forward to. p.s. dont tell me some of you don't look for US to fall at every obstacle so that you too can gloat! Treat it all as a bit of fun-guys! YOU moron mushrooms. ha! ha! FUNGUYS!

Protheroe is a player of such quality that he is probably worth your entire squad put together.

Got to admit MY distaste for your side emerged when Sodje kicked our 'keeper whilst he was already on the ground, although the crap-spouting that is Kinnear was already bringing the distaste to fruition.

Moron mushrooms?????

Strange chap.....