Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

York's Bencherif sees end to long goal drought under Gray

FF News

Hamza Bencherif is convinced he will end his long goal drought at York City under new boss Martin Gray.

The 6ft 3in defender once netted 11 times in a Football League season for Macclesfield, but is yet to open his account during 36 appearances for the Minstermen.

Having seen an injury-time effort scrambled off the line, though, during Saturday's 2-2 draw at Leamington, Bencherif believes the training-ground attention ex-Darlington chief Gary is dedicating to set-plays will see him back on the scoresheet before too long.

"Defending will always be what matters most to me, but I'm hoping that first goal is coming," the former Algeria under-20 international admitted. "We've got some set-plays now that we are working on and we scored from one against Brackley so, hopefully, I can get on the end of one. I've been getting closer, but it's not come yet."

Read more at: http://www.yorkpress.co.uk

Source

Archived