Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buckingham Ath

Now of course I’m no fan of this lot :-) but their U18’s have reached first round of the FA Cup and face Northampton after dispatching Hampton and Richmond 7-1. Great achievement and many of the lads feature in first team with Aqcuaye on the top scorers list at 17 years old. They’ve had a fantastic youth set up for a long time and consistently bring through good local players. Can only hope Winslow will follow suit.

Not much to add but agreement that Winslow Boy’s third favourite club do indeed have a string of very good young players, who it seems to me have been particularly well coached. It’s striking, and impressive, to see. I wish Steve, Sam and the players all the best against Northampton.

They had a strong set up before, but adding Steve Farmborough and some of his very good MK City side has really propelled them forward. Got some very good young players over there.

Can go a long way to Gordon Howard who brought though Damien Wiffin, Mickey Carrol (two of the best players I’ve seen locally could and should have played much higher) Lee Cornish, Paul Barnes, Paul Gibbs etc... in the mid late 90’s and they have remained strong ever since. Mortenville ised to feed in to them not sure if they still do. I’ve always been envious that the core of their teams have always been talented local lads and it has always kept them at the very least competitive and at times they’ve really thrived. I am begrudgingly admiring and pleased for them. Good for local football, means we will need to step our game up to attract good young lads.

Great to see that what we are doing with the u18's is being noticed. Our main aim his to help players reach their full potential while helping Buckingham climb the league. The players eventually need to leave me behind and play higher. I see that With every player that does move on to better things we attract another 2 wanting to follow their path.

It's not about having great u18's it's about have good lads who are willing to be coached and want to be great when they are 21.

Great to see that what we are doing with the u18's is being noticed. Our main aim his to help players reach their full potential while helping Buckingham climb the league. The players eventually need to leave me behind and play higher. I see that With every player that does move on to better things we attract another 2 wanting to follow their path.

It's not about having great u18's it's about have good lads who are willing to be coached and want to be great when they are 21.

And that last paragraph sums up what is wrong with local football nowadays; most 17/18 year olds aren't willing to be coached and think they know better.

Good to see a club with young mouldable talent [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done Steve. I’m sure a few will gone on higher and many will become part of a strong core for first team. Enjoy the Northampton tie.

And that last paragraph sums up what is wrong with local football nowadays; most 17/18 year olds aren't willing to be coached and think they know better.

Good to see a club with young mouldable talent [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Spot on.

Archived