Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town v Enfield Town

seemgee

They were their for the taking .... while it was understandable we defended deep against an excellent Maidstone side Billericay are not in the same class.... would like to have seen us on the front foot in the second half we could have really killed them off.... still it shows we can compete with the best and if we can replicate that first half performance someone will get a spanking soon ....

On reflection, I was a little inebriated yesterday, so I'm not sure if it was a penalty or not, however, I wasn't impressed with 'Ricay. We were the better team yesterday and I think that if we'd started the game with the same 11 as we did on Tuesday, then we would have won. That is no reflection on the 3 that came in, we would have been stronger in my opinion. 

I must admit that I'm very impressed with what GT is trying to achieve up there. The ground looks great and I never had to wait once at the bar in a crowd of 1500. Whatever Tamplin's motives are, it's not a bad time to be a 'Ricay supporter, as loathsome as they are !

As a side note, did anybody see the overindulgent mural on the back of the stand ? It's hilarious !

In all honesty think most refs would have given their penalty.......when defending and the player hangs a leg out and can't really see see the attacker coming too then I think 9 out of 10 forwards would go down  (Pains me to say it against that lot)

Wonder if the game would have been different had our penalty been converted too.....ah well.   It looked a good height for the keeper.

Thought our players ran their socks off again, with a combination of injuries/tiredness and cramp in the 2nd half.   Would have been a much more interesting game I think had we not played such an intense 120 minutes on Tuesday night.

Final thought:   Just how crap/quiet can 1100/1200 fans be......even when they scored they were hardly making any noise.     Still proud of that performance yesterday on the pitch.     Well done boys and all the staff too!!

I thought the ability to have attack after attack against our team proved Billericay had more in their locker than we did.

In fact Ricay played if they were bored. They were the better group.

Nonetheless we missed a penalty and still came in 1 up at HT. it shows how good we are within 2-3 months of the summer mayhem.

A win is non negotiable for Tuesday v’s Leiston a playoff challenger and a new national cup run beckons from next Saturday. It’s all go

Agree totally GT is doing a great off field job at Ricay in terms of service and facilities, but it isn’t sustainable.

1,559 crowd will bring in approximately £10k in gate receipts , clear another £10k in takings (a bit rich) in bar sales etc and he is still short of his weekly £30k+ playing budget this week as well as no income when playing away.

He has an outside chance of a 3rd Round Cup Tie to potentially earn out of which will make us all violently spew up and switch the TV off for.

Otherwise he’s running the club at a £2m + loss per season, the playing budget just gets bigger the higher they try to go. He’ll bail out in a couple of years or get busted