Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay Town v Enfield Town

seemgee

Disappointing result, thought we were the better side in the first half but ran out of steam in the second. Thought their penalty looked nailed on - didn't Ryan do the same thing against Maidstone? Needs to be more aware in the penalty box.

Impressive improvements made to their ground since I was last there - though I prefer to be able to stand at the side, they're obviously preparing for higher leagues with all those seats. Pity they've not been able to do anything about playing on a level pitch! Strange to see two ex Liverpool players playing against the Town - neither shone yesterday. Their non league signings are more impressive, the addition of Billy Bricknell changed the game yesterday. For our part, I think we desperately need better options up front if we're to score enough goals to pull away from the relegation zone.

Tuesday night against Leiston at home is another big game - they've been on top form but surprisingly lost 5-1 at home to Folkestone yesterday so lets hope we've got them at a good time! Any news on injuries to Darren Purse & Micky Parcell, or when we might expect to see Mark Kirby or Bobby Devyne getting a run out?

Very disappointed with yesterday's result .. think a draw would have been a fair result - we were better in the first, them in the 2nd. Though it shows how far we have progressed when we are able to withstand pressure so well. 

We say it every week, but Joe at the back is fantastic, in my view the best keeper the Towners have had. 

Whilst I agree with the above comment we would have been stronger with Tuesday's team, fair play to John K and Rob B who have been biding their time on the bench - both put in strong performances - and I would say it was Rob's best game for the club.

Simon seems to have lost his confidence a bit up front - surprised he took the penalty to be honest .. 

Ryan, Aaron & Montell all showed some lovely touches in the game, and really impressed with their defending for long spells when they need to.

Still feel we are light in terms of squad size - the same subs tend to be used - I would like to see Ben W-C start a game... Royston next week?

In terms of Billericay, yes the ground looks impressive, but so glad it hasn't happened to my club - £5 to park, £3 for a programme - they were a bit embarassed when I commented on.

And there seemed very little atmosphere at their end - only in the last 5 mins when they took the lead.

Teamwise, thought they were not much better than us considering home advantage. Lots of late challenges and pushes felt they got away with a lot - perhaps refs not used to being in front of such big crowds - some poor decisions. Can see why Ricay get so many red cards.

Roll on Tuesday - considering our last 4-5 matches the Play Offs are well within our reach this year.

Don't want to take anything away from the effort the team has put in over the last five games.After an average start to the season featuring some poor performances,we have started improving and the shape and fitness of the team have been getting better.The two good wins over Hendon and Margate prove that.We also battled manfully against Maidstone and Billericay,but we were outplayed and had very little possession for large parts of those three games.For me,shoots of progress and good team spirit does not negate the fact that i think we are still a bit short of quality overall and to immediately pronounce we should make the top 5 from the position we are currently in,is far too optimistic in my view..Lets have a good run in the FA trophy.Gradually improve throughout the season.Make the top half of the table.And finish the season stronger than we are now and hopefully be equipped to make a serious challange for the top 5 next season.

Andy makes a very interesting point above, I know there was talk of a reorganisation but why have we not heard more about this?

Looks like, from what I can see online (but stand to be corrected) that the reorganisation at our level has been approved to take place from the beginning of next season. As I understand it, the 3 league's at our level (Isthmian, Southern, Northern) of 24 teams each will be replaced by 4 leagues of 22 teams each. So lots of teams being promoted from below and only one team being relegated from our league - with Worthing on only 3 points that gives me much more comfort!

Does look like we'll be playing in a weaker league next year though, with the aim of the reorganisation being less travelling. How that works in practice remains to be seen.....

Doesn't look like promotion is affected this year at all.