Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Catlin hopes Wakley and Sinclair will boost Gosport Borough

FF News

Mick Catlin believes new signings Eddie Wakley and Matty Sinclair's bubbling enthusiasm can rub off on his Gosport Borough troops.

The Privett Park boss has been working hard to strengthen his squad following last Tuesday's 4-0 defeat to Banbury United.

Although the club's transfer embargo means they can accommodate just a 16-man squad, Catlin has brought in former Pompey Academy defender Wakley from Whitehawk.

Midfielder Sinclair has also signed for Gosport and is dual registered with Welling.

Borough have started lethargically in losses to Merthyr Town and Banbury in their past two games – which has ultimately been their downfall.

Catlin feels the two fresh faces can give his outfit much-needed stability as Gosport search for their first league win of the season.

He said: 'Eddie has been brought up right at Portsmouth.

'From what I've seen of him and the way he plays, he is a proper defender – it matters to him keeping clean sheets.

'He's not got a lot of experience at this level but he's played in the National League South and gives us more of a physical presence.

'I need some leaders and although he's a youngster, I still expect him to be doing the right things.

'Matty wants to come and get games under his belt.

'That's the sort of players we're looking for – young, hungry and wanting to come in and make an impact.'

Read more at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk

Source

Archived