Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Forest favourite Chettle backed for Nuneaton Town post

FF News

"It was a kick in the teeth for all the lads, we just were not expecting it." Tom Elliott was not afraid to say what he was thinking last weekend as he poured scorn over the last minute decision by Tommy Wright to ditch Nuneaton Town for Darlington.

Elliott was among the Boro players who found out that Wright had made the decision late on Friday night, a decision that the midfield man said he did not see coming.

Elliott added: "We had been training on Friday and the gaffer had set-out what he wanted from the team and everything.

"Next thing we know he was gone and it was a kick in the teeth. It was upsetting and it probably did distract us if I am being hones come Saturday against Stockport.

"It was a tough one to take, we thought we had turned a corner, but we have to move on now.

"I imagine we will talk about it in the days to come, personally I know what I would love to see, though. For me that would be to get Chetts back (former assistant boss Steve Chettle). He was brilliant for all of us on the training pitch and I think him leaving in the summer hurt us so much."

Read more at: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net

Source

Archived