Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Vase fixture switch frustrates Liversedge manager Rimmington

FF News

Liversedge were all geared up to make a second attempt to get their Buildbase FA Vase first-round tie against Ashton Athletic completed tonight, but it has been put back to Thursday.

The sides met at Ashton Athletic's Brocstedes Park on Saturday but with the home side 3-0 up with just 20 minutes to play, the tie was abandoned due to extreme weather.

Sedge boss Jonathan Rimmington has been left frustrated by the late change as he had arranged everything with his players for a game tonight.

He said: "We were all over the place to be fair on Saturday, but we had a lot of players missing and a rookie keeper in.

"The lads had re-arranged shifts or begged for time off to get to Wigan for tonight, and I had at least three players back, but then the game got switched and I only found out from social media at tea-time yesterday!

"As a club we didn't get official confirmation yesterday from the FA or our league, so I'm very disappointed with that.

"I've since heard that Ashton were concerned about the weather for a Tuesday re-arrangement and that the FA have insisted that it must be completed by Thursday night at the latest, so that's why it was moved."

Read more at: http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk

Source

Archived