Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town v Leiston

seemgee

Wasn't at the game last night .. what's the feel on the performance? Glad we maintained unbeatedn home record at least. Who was MOM? How did we compare to previous performances?

Simon Thomas not listed in the squad at the top, yet he set up the equaliser?

Thomas came on late in the second half and Kyriacou was MOTM. After 3 hard games, we basically ran out of steam and ideas. Leiston were a decent opponent who scored very quickly and were then gifted a second, when the ball apparently crossed the line. The ref waved play on whilst the lino, who wasn't up with play, gave it ! We are definitely getting more than our fair share of poor officials.

Mario Noto scored a screamer to pull one back and we equalized with the last kick of the game. The boys need a rest, they're knackered !

Edit to add that our attendances our dropping significantly on Tuesday nights. Spurs weren't playing last night so struggling to think of a reason.

I thought we done really well coming from two goals down and how knackered the boys must be. Kyriacou Done really well at both right wing back and then going in at left back which allowed Aaron to be further forward. I would like to see Aaron play higher up the pitch I think him and montel could forge a great understand and cause teams no end of problems. Great goal by noto gave the lads some energy to keep believing.

Keep up the hard work you will climb the table and be in good shape come the new year

I thought we done really well coming from two goals down and how knackered the boys must be. Kyriacou Done really well at both right wing back and then going in at left back which allowed Aaron to be further forward. I would like to see Aaron play higher up the pitch I think him and montel could forge a great understand and cause teams no end of problems. Great goal by noto gave the lads some energy to keep believing.

Keep up the hard work you will climb the table and be in good shape come the new year

I thought there were a lot of positives from last nights performance - having been out of the country for both Maidstone games and the Billericay one on Saturday.

Lots of nice neat passing and keeping calm in possession I thought was a real plus. OK there were quite a few sloppy passes (Leiston were guilty of that too to be fair) and sometimes players were trying to do too much and losing the ball but at least it's staying on the deck. it's much nicer to watch than the panicked hoofs up front we were seeing at the start of the season (and in all honesty quite often under Brad's Braintree feeder side). If we can continue to work on this then it will be a pleasure to watch.

There were some great spraying passes out wide and the wing play got us into some really dangerous positions at time. What I felt let us down was the presence in the box. All too often we were getting forward and either the final ball was lacking or there was no-one there to find.

Leiston were good on the break and had it not been for some wild finishing (including blazing over an open goal from what looked to be two or three yards) we may have found ourselves in a unrecoverable position, but ETFC showed some real grit to force the draw right at the death.

And hats off to Mario for his finish - I'm looking forward to seeing the video of that one!

Archived