Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 10 Blues 0

Swifty

Well, where to begin? Best just to list what happened...

1-0, 7th - James finished off a rebound

17th - Fleet captain Ashley Lloyd sent off for stamping on James after an altercation

2-0, 26th - Jack shot which squirmed under the keeper's dive

3-0, 28th - penalty tucked into the corner by Fish

4-0, 33rd - through ball which Fleminho latched onto, rounded the keeper and slotted home

5-0, 45th - Dan again, tucking home a low left wing cross from six feet out

Deep breath...

6-0, 54th - Looping header by Max which hit the post and just crossed the line

7-0, 64th - low touch in by James from a daisy cutter corner

8-0, 75th - Tom shot hit the post and the rebound was jabbed in by Jabir

9-0, 90th - James sealed his hat-trick with a curling 20 yarder

10-0, stoppage time - Tom cut in and lashed it high into the net from six yards out

Fleet made it hard for themselves with the sending off but in fairness they never gave up, despite having very few efforts on goal. We were superb and would probably have beaten any team in the division home or away on that form. Best display I can remember for years.

Yes it was a brilliant performance by our team and the standard of the opposition in no way detracts  from an exhibition of superb football.

However "exhibition" is the operative word, Fleet were that bad that the match had the air of an exhibition match.

I felt sorry for the Fleet supporters and officials because their players not only played poorly but displayed a lack of spirit and commitment.

Having said that, they will probably go on to win on Saturday!

Maybe the lads wanted to stay on for the second half and get more goals under their belt.

Meanwhile, changes made by Fleet at half time, on good authority one change due to a player remonstrating with the manager (his dad!) in the changing room!

Was fantasy football at times and yes they had 10 men for a long period but how often have we seen teams dig in being a player down?

The league table is looking very rosy and this young team continue to flourish and play the game in a correct and entertaining manner...

Not sure if I have been to a game where a team have scored double figures before BUT I did call it on 28 minutes when the 3rd went in that we would get 10   :D My pick of the goals, the boy Cottee's hat trick on 90 mins, exquisite curling finish!!

Ashford have hit 10, 11 and 12 on a number of occasions in senior football - from memory, against Horley Town and Cranleigh in the Combined Counties, in the FA Cup against Badshot Lea, in the Southern League against Woodford United and in a county cup tie against Kingsbury Town. Due to my groundhopping tendencies, the only time I'd previously seen Ashford score ten was in a Combined Counties game away to Hartley Wintney! 

Archived