Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Changes

A couple of times recently, Andy has gone on record saying if performances don't improve then not everyone will be here at the end of the season.

Does anyone have any guesses as to whom Andy is referring ?

I suspect a little management confused.gifdisillusion is creeping in regarding the performances of McClements, Shearer, Duku, Evans, Gradley and Pinnock.

With the exception of the Duke, all at best are fringe players now, and we seem to struggle when they play.

The Duke is a shadow of himself when he played in the Ryman. Headers aren't won cleanly, control is lacking and too often clearances are sliced.

Moore, on the other hand, knows his limitations and plays within them.

Still think Evans needs a decent opportunity - he rarely seems to get decent balls played to him when he gets on the pitch, as too often the rest of the team are playing poorly. This happened both yesterday when he got on and on Tuesday.

If Duku and Shearer go, who plays alongside Moore?

Fordy still seems to think McClements can play left back - he is more a right sided player and I would, if Andy plays Matt Lee and McClements - rather see Matt on the left and Mcclements on the right.

I wonder if there was a problem with Perkins yesterday? Otherwise, it seems strange that Andy didnt bring him on.

It should be noted that McClements is not a defender but a midfielder, albeit a lightweight one. Evans and Pinnock are also midfielders, not strikers. If you play someone out of position, especially at this level, they're not going to perform to the top of their game and as a result, cause a weakness within the team on the pitch.

Quote:
John@TheFleet said: If you play someone out of position, especially at this level, they're not going to perform to the top of their game and as a result, cause a weakness within the team on the pitch.

This doesn't always have to be the case, John. As far as I know, when we first signed Protheroe on loan he was described as a midfielder, yet he has performed very well as a left-back for us so far. At least he should be available for the Halifax game, as should Moore.

Yesterday's second half collapse was really inexplicable, particularly given that we were playing in a prestigious competition from a non-league perspective. Although I agree with others on here that we could have scored more before half-time, I still didn't really think the game was in any danger with us 2-0 up at the break. Perhaps complacency was our worst enemy in the second half.

P.S. Glad to see Abbey silence his critics (who were still moaning about him at the beginning of the first half) with a well-taken goal - I still can't see why people get on his back so much, particularly when the alternatives aren't really any better. I only hope the injury, which looked serious, doesn't keep him out for longer than the three to four weeks that Charles Webster suggested.

I think Andy should look at his own performances,

he has not shown any ability to motivate the players.The lacklustre performances are getting to the fans. We have a very average side with a forward line who have pace but little else,a midfield who do not seem to be able to communicate with each other and our tactics in set peices such as corners are at times quite laughable.

Come on Andy don't pass the buck onto the players that underperform, you brought them to the club you have to get the best from them every game.

Duku has been in recent weeks a liability, moore and shearer are the way of the future. Duku has little or no clearaning ability and his headers are getting worse by the game. Yesterday he was getting on louis' back because, "I need that channel" after hoofing another ball to no-one with his head down staring at the floor.Maybe he should raise his eyes,look around and aim for someone rather than punt it?

As for mcclements, i think he needs a good game to regain confidence after recent poor performances, when he is on form he is v.good.

I don't think Eddie's lacking much confidence and for someone playing out of position has done his best for us. He is a bit of a liability at left back but he's worth keeping in the squad. At least he gives his all every game and I enjoy seeing his bursts forward, livens up the game a bit anyway.

Before Shears' injury, I was singing his praises and thought he'd make a great and even better skipper. Recent performances haven't been brilliant and he needs to get back to his best soon alongside Mooro. Agree, Dukes is struggling a bit and appears to be lacking motivation.

Evans will be more useful in midfield but I'd definitely release Gradley & Pinnock IMHO.

Quote:
I wonder if there was a problem with Perkins yesterday? Otherwise, it seems strange that Andy didnt bring him on.

I think that a point may have been being made after it looked like Perks showed disappointment and dissent after being taken off at Chester.

Andy got the substitution right at the Chester game, unfortunately it did not work out this week.

Quote:
Chatham Gary said:
A couple of times recently, Andy has gone on record saying if performances don't improve then not everyone will be here at the end of the season.

Well, the speculation has hotted up, with BBC Teletext (p. 395) reporting this morning that Andy told RK that money has been set aside for him to spend on players, and that he feels 'one or two changes' will have to be made swiftly.