Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

enfield town v thurrock

give us an e

At long last, Simon Thomas gave us the performance that we all knew that he was capable of. He used his height and physique to bully a very resolute Thurrock side and bag a couple of goals into the bargain. I'll take the win but a draw would have been a fair result. Joe Wright didn't have much to do but somehow stopped a certain goal at the death, how, nobody in that stadium will be able to tell you !

More of the same on Tuesday night please Simon !

Yes we won. But Thurrock were nothing to write home about - and still could have secured a draw. Even with Purse on the field we found ourselves sliced open through the middle of our defence, which remains a worry.

Still a great deal for Andy to do to turn this team into challengers.

Why is there nothing on tbe official web site or tbe clubs Twitter regarding Liam Hope.

Very poor i.m.o.

Those at the game yesterday know he has signed but what about the fans that couldnt make the game.

Sounds like fake news to me.

Seems like Liam hasn't been playing in the last few months and his latest tweet relates to missing out on a bet on one of Saturday's Evostik fixtures, so that doesn't sound too much like someone who is getting back involved in non-league football...let alone re-signing for Town.

I heard a whisper at the game yesterday as well but I think it is just a rumour as he was at the Cheshunt game therefore people putting 2 & 2 together but presumably it was just him taking an interest in old colleagues on both sides.

Would be a shrewd signing on AL’s part if so though. Proven goalscorer and leader and would be some good experience for our young squad. Who knows.

Archived