Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ash Trees 0 Diamonds 2

Swifty

Not a sparkling display against Diamonds.

We started brightly and tested visiting keeper (and number 13) Ben Heath with a number of tricky crosses and corners which he tipped over the bar, but R&D scored with their first two efforts and that appeared to knock the stuffing out of us. Tom Lorraine finished off a one-on-one in the 5th minute and a mistake in defence let Ryan Robbins in to score from a tight angle in the 21st and please the massed throng of away fans.

The visitors' nippy attackers tested our back four and our offside trap several times, and Tyler had to make some smart covering blocks to keep the score down while our defence, in particular Russ, coped well overall. The problem was that the sum of our parts didn't match up and, despite decent pressure, Heath only had one proper shot to save, a straightforward one from Jabba the sub at the end.

The ref stamped his authority and showed consistency by booking a player from each team for a clumsy foul early on and for booking an away player for a scuffle after our misdemeanour. The game settled down, yet we still managed to obtain a couple more bookings for clumsy tackles. 

On Tuesday our patchwork side went two down and showed great grit and determination to nearly draw. Today, we went two down and, frankly, we could have played all night and not scored. It was one of those days. Let's hope for better soon.

Jabir is good and will score goals in the league , James I like as he gives us something different in that he wins headers and links play up well and when he’s fully fit I can see him being the 9 for the club.

I’d like to see someone come in who can play the 10 roll as Tommy ( who I like ) needs a bit of competition for his place.

Archived