Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Folkestone Invicta v Enfield Town

seemgee

I dont think it was as bad as Saturday. The score could quite easily have been 6-3 or 6-4. (Wright saved a penalty) We had a goal disallowed before we scored and if that had been given it would have been 2-0. Folkestone may have thought it was going to be easy and they played the first 15 minutes with a flat back line which we were breaking through quite regularly. Later they adapted and we didn't change our tactics.

I didn't count the corners but would not be surprised if we had more than them. They cleared off the line at least three times.

The difference between the sides is that they could ping it out to their wide men from defence with a 60-70 yard pass whilst it would take us two to three passes to reach our winger if it ever did.

Still Mr Leese has 7 games to reach his 20 point target. So cannot afford a defeat on Saturday!

Once again it makes very sad reading.

I know for my part, from the few games I have been able to see, I have been hyper critical. But on reflection I have begun to realise that it must be even more frustrating for the Board members and in no way do I blame them for the predicament the club finds itself in.

Faced with having to find a new football management team, within such a short time before the beginning of the season, I believe that they acted in good faith when they appointed AL and AP at the time. One must assume that they based their decision on how the candidates presented themselves.

I also accept that no one could have foreseen that practically the whole squad decided to follow the previous manager. Unfortunately in football that is the nature of the beast. I also recognised that it was quite an achievement by AL to put together a squad at such short notice but it is becoming very obvious that he is greatly out of touch about the type of player required to compete in this league.

In the past the Board have always been decisive in their decisions regarding team management. The reason why I sympathise with them in their current dilemma is that to attempt to change things now could inevitably result in the majority of the team leaving. My reason for saying this is that, for many of them, the current manager is the only one who will ensure them playing at this level.

However, I wish could suggest an answer. I think that , however, will have to be left to the AGM to decide what course of action should be taken. Also by that time it will become apparent whether the manager has been able to recruit new players and that the manner in their play is more competitive for this league.

Finally, subject to the weather, I hope to be able to get to the game this week. No matter how bad we feel about things there is always hope in the next game. Who knows perhaps only 8 of the Dulwich team will find their way to the ground. Enough for them to play and to give us a fair chance to maintain our home team record.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals