Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-October 17 )

• Photo
    HelenC

• Photo
    chelseaboy

Photo

FA CUP 1st ROUND PROPER!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
29 replies to this topic

offline The Great Eckscape

The Great Eckscape
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • rank
  • Supports: Canvey Island, Tottenham Hotspur
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Cricket, Boxing, Speedway
Who's got who then? The mighty Canvey Island have got Wigan Athletic away. Wigan are second from bottom in Div 2. CARDIFF HERE WE COME!!!

offline carjam

carjam
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Congratulations to those Ryaman League sides that moved through to the FA Cup 1st Rd Today. Very well done to Gravesend & Northfleet, Aldershot, Basingstoke, Grays, Bedford and those from lower leagues. Excellent performances from Grays and Gravesend.<P>carjam

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
Last team out of the hat and back to my University Town. <P>Huddersfield away (Still non-league side playing in a superb stadium could be a televised game)

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
ive got a feeling because of what we done in the cup last year we might get a crack on the tele !?!

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
I see on NLOTN that we have been drawn away to Huddersfield United!<P>Thank God for that I was afraid we had drawn a league club images/icons/grin.gif" border="0

offline Windy

Windy
  • Reserves
Crikey, we've got Barry Fry and his Peterborough boys coming to town. Fantastic!!!! He's an old Eagles player and manager himself from the good old days and still lives in the town. I reckon he's probably as chuffed as I am with the draw.<P>I can't stop smiling.

offline Cressing Toad

Cressing Toad
  • Reserves
Baldie man you got the tie of the round for a Ryman side. A bit like canvey drawing Southend i'd say. Good luck. D'ya think you'll switch to posh for a bigger gate?

offline Windy

Windy
  • Reserves
Just woken up - the smile is still there!<P>I hope we don't switch it but financially we'd be mad not to. Only 3000 can get into the Eyrie although I'm not quite sure where we'd put them all. I think, with away fans, we could easily get that.<P>Whatever, it's going to be a massive day for the club. My dad once played against Barry Fry's school team - the local rivals. Apparently he hacked him down to give away a penalty which Barry scored. A 1-0 defeat.<P>I'm off to search for a ticket.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
Barry Fry eh, ex-Gravesend player.<P>And it's another ex-Gravesend player that you will need to watch out for. Their player of the moment is skinny boy himself Jimmy Bullard.

offline Windy

Windy
  • Reserves
Has Barry played for as many teams as he's managed then?<P>I think they'll have about 11 players we'll need to look out for. Our right-back signed from Peterborough last season - he'll be wanting to prove big Barry wrong.

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
enjoy that game bald eagle images/icons/cool.gif" border="0 .. our match against southend last year was a fantastic day out (on a par with the trophy win)

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
Well Canv looks like we have both missed out on 100K bloody conference sides again! images/icons/mad.gif" border="0

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Hiya Y'all<P>just got back - four days early, busted knee cap playing in an expats footie match had a great time none the less!!<P>so what the hecks been going on<P>Well done to Canvey - Alders - and good old Bedord- found your ticket yet Baldie? Any one else missed - what ABOUT gnfc = is there any link with full results - jeeez I can hardly type!!<P>Bit jetlagged so can't work out if there has been any league action - if so who played who and who's top? images/icons/confused.gif" border="0

offline CANV EFM

CANV EFM
  • National Squad - 1st XI
correct dave..but we do have about 100k of miles to cover between us..lets hope at least one of us gets a result..2 all draw would do nicely....

offline Windy

Windy
  • Reserves
Hello Irony, welcome back.<P>Sorry to hear about your knee incident. I trust you'd put in a blinding performance up until the unfortunate injury.<P>Still no ticket yet for me. It's looking as if the game will be played at the Eyrie which I think is excellent but does make the ticket hunt that much more urgent. Apparently our capacity will be 3,009 and with all the clingers on that will no doubt come out of the woodwork it would be a shame if any of the more loyal fans miss out. Also a chance to welcome some new supporters though and hope a few come again.<P>You never know, we might even have a few more league points by then too.

offline Windy

Windy
  • Reserves
Excellent news - we're playing at home. With highlights on MOTD too.<p>No ticket yet but I've heard that season ticket holders and shareholders will have priority - that's me sorted then.<p>Splendid.

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
Troble is Canv is that if either of us do get a result then guess which league match gets scuppered.<p>If it has to be midweek, then let's wait till April, my fur-lined jockstrap is getting a little threadbare images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>You never know, we might even have a few more league points by then too. <p> <hr></blockquote><p>Bald Eagle I think your only league game before then is at Stonebridge Road, and we are not feeling charitable images/icons/tongue.gif" border="0<p>[ 01 November 2001: This message was edited by: Dave GNFC ]</p>

offline Windy

Windy
  • Reserves
Oh well, never mind eh. Who cares about the silly old league anyway?<p>Oh, all of you lot do don't you - I'd forgotten about that. I'm more than happy in my little cup dreamland for a few weeks at least.<p>Bring on the Posh.

offline Guest__*

Guest__*
  • rank
Jeez Dave there's information on a need to know basis - your fur lined jock strap? No we don't need to know!!<p>(BTW congrats to Ipswich on a great come back!!)<p>Well as the big day gets closer lets have some info on your suppoort - how many you taking - realistic (that's realistic BEagle not idealistic) on results- crowds - day, time - come on give a man feedback here - I'll live through your day - I aint proud!!! images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
So far we have booked two coaches and there will be a large number travel by car. (That's those of us who don't think we need to stop at every service station on the way back for a pee)<p>**** I'm crossing over into the toilet thread now images/icons/smile.gif" border="0 <p>We have two home games before 17th November so we should be able to fill those coaches and I hope 2 or 3 more.
images/icons/wink.gif" border="0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus