Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lowestoft v Town

seemgee

There has to be a call for some redress  for the Town or a least some sort of enquiry as to why was left so late. At 11am this morning my lawn was covered with frost and frozen solid.

It must have been even colder in Lowestoft.  It was no surprise to see that  Ware, Herford and even Cheshun'ts pitches were unplayable. All of them at 80 miles south of Lowestoft. 

I have every sympathy for the supporters, players and Town officials who travelled all they way. 

Glad to hear everyone got home safely yesterday.

In the absence of a game to reflect on, got me thinking about postponed games I've had the misfortune of going to. The 2 that stick in my mind are

1 Yeovil away Jan 1990   - this was our relegation season from the GMVC - and I did 30 games that season! - and it was the Saturday before our mock GCSEs so my friend and I went on the supporters coach with our revision books. We arrived at the old Yeovil ground about 1.15pm to be told it was off. Remember John Cooper saying it was the right decision from a player safety point of view, but very frustrating. Never managed to actually set foot in their old ground as well!

2 Maidenhead away late 90s  - I think FA Trophy? Got there before finding out, so went to watch Charlie's Angels in the Maidenhead Cinema! Still never visited that ground since.

And in terms of abandonments, 2 memories are

- Half time abandonment EFC V ETFC at Ware - must be 10 years ago - I remember thinking at the time with the crowd size that a united Enfield team would be better than 2 individual teams .. but too much water under the bridge now.

- I also remember a game at Dagenham, mid-late 90s where the players came off due to a hail storm (that really hurt!) but the game resumed after 5-10 mins

Any other memorable abandonments or postponements?

Archived