Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Yesterday in lowestoft

vauxhallman

Thoughts on yesterdays postponement.

Match day sec should stand down imo.Should at least have comunicated with our match day sec.

He had our sec phone number and new what time the team were setting of,very poor on his or her part.

Groundsman should resign he admitted he had done nothing with the pitch as he didnt think it nessesary ffs.

The 6yrd area certainly would have been no worse had he checked it at 10am.

No more than a park club.

Could it have been that because there centre forward and centre half would have missed the match had anything to do with the lack of effort from the ground staff to get the game on.

The crafty little wink from the groundsman as he came into the bar to announce the game was off says it all imo.

Still a nice 6hr round trip.!!!!!

I have to agree. It is the second time I have gone to Lowestoft to have a game called off late!. I rang at 10:00 am to ask whether it was on and was told it was with the sun on it. The forecast was accurate - said it would cloud over around 12:00 with temp barely above freezing. If the groundsman hadn't even forked the pitch how on earth was it to be ready by 3:00.

I spoke to a couple of Lowestoft fans who were also disappointed.they said there are a couple of refs in Lowestoft who could have done a pitch inspection at 10:00 and the game called off then.

Absolutely no excuse for yesterday's situation.   Feel very bad for those that did travel as should have been easily avoided.   As you've said, a referee should have inspected at 10/11 am......and decision made then.   Temperature wasn't going to change drastically and all seems very suspect and annoying that this could have happened so late in the day.  

Wonder if the powers that be will decide to look into it at all......hope they do.  

I did not travel to Lowestoft but feel for those who did. Supporters, and particularly those who travel away long distances are the lifeblood of the Isthmian league. No one would want to make that journey only to experience the disappointment of an avoidable trip.  This apparent disregard can only damage future support. 

I would like at the very least, to see an apology from Lowestoft / referee or whoever got this so badly wrong,  and some gesture towards the away supporters by way of compensation for wasted travel costs. Like others I am not holding my breath.

Archived