Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-January 18 )

• Photo
    Blue Boy Kev

• Photo
    rob01414

• Photo
    Fizzypop

• Photo
    ManorSecretary

• Photo
    kopkid23

• Photo
    LisaHPhotog

Photo

Prediction Lg - Final standings (autumn). Playoff matches. 16 Dec

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
10 replies to this topic

offline Jago

Jago
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
  • Supports: The 'ornchurch
  • Foes: Australia

Well.   He kindly took his foot off the pedal for a couple of weeks to give AndyDick a bit of hope and keep the lucrative league sponsorship deals safe for next season, but when push came to shove 1961 COYS and his Salad Spinners proved too tough for the rest of us and ran out worthy champions.  Well done Mr Spud.  The cheque’s in the post.

Down at the bottom I have to say it’s been a difficult night at Jago Towers.  Only a Man City win would keep Jago up and send Baby Jago down (despite being in a seemingly impregnable 4th position last week).  Oh deary me.  So a rather disconsolate an impressively stiff-upper-lipped (not) Baby Jago joins fallen giant Ozz and our resident intellectual ShotthruJoeHart (or whatever he’s called today) in falling into the abyss.   At least they will add some much-needed glamour to the wasteland of Collier Row (South) in the New Year.

Talking of Collier Row (South),  Wivenhoe, oh Wivenhoe.  All you needed to win the division was Man City NOT to win.  Oh deary deary me.  Instead your Jeckyll and Hyde hide season (here’s your record : DWWWWWWWLDLLLL) let the fast finishing PaulC clinch the second automatic promotion spot (well done Paul) and consign your Data Boys to the playoffs.   But the main story surrounds  Cool Hand Luke and his hastily assembled Trojan XIX who limped to stormed his way to the Div 2 title in their first season.  Congratulations Luke – the first debutante to win since, err, 1961 COYS back in 2015.  Prospective new joiners please note – if Luke can do it, basically anyone can.

At the bottom, well done to the Hatted Urchin for keeping going to the end – and really hard luck to Blackballed who misses out on the playoffs despite being the second highest scorer in the division.  He lost 4 games by one goal, so maybe needs to add a bit of ruthlessness next year (mind you I lost 6 games by one goal so I’ll also be in the bidding for a Roy Keane figure).

Here are the final week scores and the all-important tables...

UPMINSTER DIVISION
Jogilowabadname (ShotthruJoeHart)   7-4   Dazedandconfused (Ozz)
Carroll's injured again? (Cup of Tea)   8-5   HuttonDressedAsLahm (UrchinYid)
The Wizzzards (Jago)   7-3   The Smoggies (Andy Dick)
I'm Only a Kid (Baby Jago)   5-8   Salad Dodger Hotspur (1961 COYS)

Po Team                          P W D L  F   A  Pt
1 Salad Dodger Hots (1961 COYS) 14 9 1 4 131 103 28
2 The Smoggies (Andy Dick)      14 7 2 5 111 108 23
3 Carroll's injured? (Cup of T) 14 6 2 6 125 127 20
4 HuttonDressedAsLahm (UrchinY) 14 6 2 6 102 112 20
5 The Wizzzards (Jago)          14 6 1 7 130 118 19
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -       
6 I'm Only a Kid (Baby Jago)    14 6 1 7 123 127 19
7 Dazedandconfused (Ozz)        14 4 4 6 120 135 16
8 Jogilowbn'm (ShotthruJoeHart) 14 4 3 7 102 114 15

COLLIER ROW (South) DIVISION

Retired & Idle (Blackballed)   6-7   Queens Park Urchins (Hatted Urchin)
Back of the net (Paul C)   10-7   Trojan XIX (Cool Hand Luke)
FC Dench (Maccas1)   7-5   Daley's Dream Team (Fat Tommy D)
Marshland Mardlers (Lord Upminster)   5-3   Lt Commander Data (Wivenhoe Urchin)

Po Team                          P W D L  F   A  Pt
1 Trojan XIX (Cool Hand Luke)   14 8 1 5 115 103 25
2 Back of the net (Paul C)      14 8 0 6 125 112 24
3 Lt Commander Data (Wivenhoe)  14 7 2 5 117 104 23
4 Marshland Mardlers (Lord Up)  14 7 1 6 120 109 22
5 FC Dench (Maccas1)            14 7 1 6 115 127 22
6 Daley's Dream Team (Fat Tom)  14 7 0 7 115 124 21
7 Retired & Idle (Blackballed)  14 5 2 7 121 117 17
8 Queens Park Urch (Hatted U)   14 3 1 10 98 130 10

NEXT WEEK – PLAY OFF Semi Finals
Rules : One leg only – normal goal scoring but closest to the attendance wins on penalties if required.

Lt Commander Data (Wivenhoe Urchin) v Daley's Dream Team (Fat Tommy D)  
Marshland Mardlers (Lord Upminster) v FC Dench (Maccas1)

PLAY OFF SEMIS – 16 December 2017

At Bibao v Real Sociedad
Brighton v Burnley
Stoke v West Ham
Romford v Mildenhall
Chins v Cheshunt
Att:

Up The Urchins
Jago

Edited by Jago, 10 December 2017 - 09:03 PM.

offline The Hatted Urchin

The Hatted Urchin
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Hornchurch, England, Essex

That win will push us through the Spring league. Changes are afoot at the park.

offline Jago

Jago

Good luck with that Mr Hat, though I think there is a lot of dubious money sloshing around over the Christmas period.  Some of it will doubtless end up bankrolling clubs to an unsustainable level - especially those that fail in the play-offs - so be careful.   Remember, you are now Scottish who I believe invented the word  tight prudence.

Anyway - I forgot to mention.  No, that is NOT a misprint.  Cup of Tea really did finish third.  Incredible.

And yes, it's Bilbao, not Bibao.  Clever dicks.

Edited by Jago, 10 December 2017 - 09:43 PM.

• cup of tea likes this

offline cup of tea

cup of tea
  • National Squad - 1st XI
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
Thanks Jago , how much do I owe you? ;)

offline 1961 COYS

1961 COYS
  • Spectator

I would like to thank my mum and dad, my wife, my two wonderful children, my head master at school, my football coach, all my friends ( there are too many to mention individually ),  Mauricio Pochettino, Harry Kane, and most of all JAGO. It’s a wonderful feeling winning my 2nd championship in 3 years, would have been 3 in 3 years apart from goal difference gate upsetting my rhythm.

I look forward to being presented with my trophy ( hopefully in front of a large crowd )

Unfortunately I won’t be able to defend my crown next year as it has now become boring. I will of course be available if Jago wishes to invent a competition called watching paint dry ( much more exciting ) Jago can you ensure my trophy is engraved please.

Up the URCHINS.  :signthankspin:  :290:  :319:  :clap:  :539:  :coolsnow: 

offline Fat Tom Daley

Fat Tom Daley
  • Chairman of AFCHSA
  • Supports: AFC Hornchurch
  • Twitter

At Bibao 1v1 Real Sociedad

Brighton 1v0 Burnley
Stoke 1v 3 West Ham
Romford 1v1 Mildenhall
Chins 2v0 Cheshunt
Att: 180

offline maccas1

maccas1
  • Trainee

At Bibao 1v2 Real Sociedad
Brighton 0v2 Burnley
Stoke 1v1 West Ham
Romford 1v2 Mildenhall (weather permitting)
Chins 2v0 Cheshunt (hoping for the great thaw!)

Att: 146

P.S. Cannot believe I made the play-offs - May the best man win Jordan!

• Fat Tom Daley likes this

offline The Hatted Urchin

The Hatted Urchin
  • Reserves
  • Supports: Hornchurch, England, Essex

I would like to thank my mum and dad, my wife, my two wonderful children, my head master at school, my football coach, all my friends ( there are too many to mention individually ),  Mauricio Pochettino, Harry Kane, and most of all JAGO. It’s a wonderful feeling winning my 2nd championship in 3 years, would have been 3 in 3 years apart from goal difference gate upsetting my rhythm.

I look forward to being presented with my trophy ( hopefully in front of a large crowd )

Unfortunately I won’t be able to defend my crown next year as it has now become boring. I will of course be available if Jago wishes to invent a competition called watching paint dry ( much more exciting ) Jago can you ensure my trophy is engraved please.

Up the URCHINS.  :signthankspin:  :290:  :319:  :clap:  :539:  :coolsnow:

Speaking of presentations is there some kind of wooden spoon I can be awarded as I just broke the one I had in the kitchen?

• cup of tea likes this

offline Lord Upminster

Lord Upminster
  • Spectator
  • Supports: Upminster Wanderers
  • Fav. Player(s): Terry Hurlock, Simon Parker, Steve Heighway

Marshland Mardlers

At Bibao 2 - 1  Real Sociedad
Brighton 2 - 3 Burnley
Stoke 3 - 1  West Ham
Romford 0 - 1  Mildenhall
Chins 3 - 0 Cheshunt
Att:163

offline Wivenhoe Urchin

Wivenhoe Urchin
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Hornchurch, Chelsea
  • Foes: Dagenham & Redbridge, Aveley, Romford
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football, Darts, Pool, Formula One
At Bilbao 1-1 real sociedad, Brighton 2-1 Burnley, Stoke 1-1 West ham, romford 1-3 mildenhall, hornchurch 2-0 cheshunt, att 175

offline Jago

Jago

Up the URCHINS. 

Speaking of presentations is there some kind of wooden spoon I can be awarded as I just broke the one I had in the kitchen?

Back in 1961 Tottenham won the league.  “In Black and White” as they say.  And promptly retired from competitive football.   And now, 56 years later,  1961 COYS – in a weird parody of his beloved lilywhites – appears to be doing the same.  A terrible shame for both all his fans, and the wider game.  Yet top-flight football somehow survived without a functioning spuds, and I guess the Prediction League will soldier on without Billy Big Bootz COYS (if his threat is carried through ... the rumour is he is merely running scared from Div 2 champion Cool Hand Luke as he won’t be able to handle the Havering Cricket Club bantz when if he loses).

On a brighter note a.) I see the Chins won and Canvey didn’t quite come back in time,  and b.) – Hatted Urchin, yes I think that’s an excellent idea. And fully deserved :)   Could you ask one of your Year 7’s to make one of those wooden spoon faces with woollen hair.  Otherwise I’m sure we can knock something up for the Bury game on the 23rd if you can make it.

Edited by Jago, 16 December 2017 - 05:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus