Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Beaconsfield

manurgrate

We were below our best against Beaconsfield on a bitterly cold afternoon. The writing was on the wall in the first 10 minutes when the visitors could have been 2 up in the first ten minutes.

We didn't create much before half-time although Dan had a shot that seemed goalbound but for a last-ditch tackle. After the break, Beaconsfield took advantage of two mistakes to take a 2 nil lead. Although not at our best, in the second half,  we did create two excellent chances that went begging but we can have no complaints about the result as on the day they were the better side.

Everyone tried hard but we missed the drive of Max Webb in midfield.

The games come thick and fast and so we can quickly put this disappointment behind us by winning the matches with Aylesbury United and Arlesey.

I thought we were by far the better team for the first half hour and should have grabbed a couple of goals ,

2nd half Beaconsfield showed why that are 3rd in the league and managed the game well scoring 2 scrappy goals and limiting us to the odd chance.

I’m still not fully convinced with the 442 formation as it leaves us light in midfield , I’d play James up top with jack and Kam either side but that’s just me and I’m not Ben.

Archived