Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

York's loan man McAllister has a point to prove

FF News

Sean McAllister is hoping to prove that he's still capable of playing in the Football League as he begins his month-long loan with York City.

The midfielder has joined the Minstermen as he aims to finally get a decent run of games under his belt after enduring a torrid time with injury since joining Grimsby Town.

McAllister has managed just three league games for the Mariners since making the move from Scunthorpe United last year, with his last League Two outing coming in the final game of last season against Plymouth.

The 30-year-old has been limited to just reserve fixtures this campaign – as well as a substitute appearance in the Checkatrade Trophy – after suffering another setback during pre-season.

But, with a chance to finally get back playing regularly at Bootham Crescent, McAllister hopes to work his way back into the first team reckoning with the Mariners.

"This is a great opportunity for me to go out and get some games," McAllister told York City's official website.

"The past two years I have struggled with injury. I was mis-diagnosed on a problem but, finally, after a long time, we have got to the bottom of it."

Read more: http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk

Source

Archived