Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FC Halifax's ex-Huddersfield man Collins relieved to be playing again

FF News

Seven months away from playing was enough to convince Michael Collins to dust off his boots. The former Huddersfield and Leyton Orient midfielder, who also had spell playing for Indian club Bengaluru last year, last played on May 6 but made his debut for Halifax in their 1-0 win at Aldershot last Saturday.

His move to The Shay was first mooted in the summer, but Collins opted to go into coaching at Bradford City. But the 31-year-old is confident he can now juggle the demands of playing and coaching.

"I had an offer in the summer from Halifax and I made a decision to step across into coaching," he said. "I'd spent a lot of time away from home travelling, playing in London, India, Oxford, and my partner had settled back home with my little girl, which is where I grew up.

"It got to the stage where I wanted to go home with them. But before I'd had real contact with Halifax I'd committed to Bradford. There was no way I was going to back on my word and I've really enjoyed what I've done, but I just miss that buzz of playing."

Read more at: https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk

Source

Archived