Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ex-Ipswich keeper looking to kickstart career at Mildenhall

FF News

Jacob Marsden is hoping hooking up again with Dean Greygoose will help improve him as a keeper and get his career back on track.

The former Ipswich Town keeper was released by the Tractor Boys in the summer, only a year after signing his first professional deal, and started the season playing a few games at St Ives Town.

But he has spent the last few weeks at Mildenhall Town, where Greygoose divides his time between managing the team and coaching the keepers at Ipswich.

Marsden followed an impressive clean sheet against Bury Town in only his second game by helping the Hall to a 1-1 draw against Brentwood Town last Saturday, and is enjoying being part of a team again.

"I'm here on a game to game basis, so we'll see how the gaffer feels and how I feel, " said Marsden. "He's been pleased with me so far, and that's all I can ask for really.

"I've known Dean since I was 15 or 16 at Ipswich. He's a great guy and a good manager, and I came here to play under him. If I need help with anything or am not sure on how I did, I know Dean will point me the right way to improve.

"I signed as a pro at Ipswich after my scholarship but just didn't manage to break into the first team. The standard of the first team keepers there was on another level and I couldn't get anywhere near them.

"But they're a great bunch and I learnt a lot off them. They're good mentors and great guys who helped me a lot with my goalkeeping."

Read more: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk

Source

Archived