Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Dorking

seemgee

So what is everyone's assessment of yesterday .. gutted to have missed the return of Kirby!

How did he play? Was he skipper?

Was Aaron rusty after time out?

Who played well?

Did we deserve it?

What subs did we use? 

How were we set up?

Crowd in good voice?

Was someone other than Jo Wright named MOM?

Be great to read comments and views of yesterday please !

We got out of jail yesterday but credit to Andy he changed the tactics in the second half and went with three at the back with Arron and mickey as wing backs and it worked.

Ryan blake came on and added more life up front.

Liam came on in place of Sam and played well

Massive shout out to tbe Towner Legend MARK KIRBY.Not played a single minuites football this season and no preseason he rolled back the years with a solid performance.True Towner Legend.

Darren and Adam dropped out with illness so all in all coming back from 2-1 down is positive.

A thoroughly deserved MOM to Ryan Blackman who worked tirelessly in midfield and scored a lovely chipped cross winner.

Dont agree with seaside towner, the two second half goals were well worth being there for but agree Youngs effort was a screamer. The second half was a bit like Ali v Foreman, we get pummled for most of it whilst not conceding then finish them off with a quick one / two! Mistakes continue, particularly in defence but all credit to the lads (and manager) for their strength of character to keep going.

Thanks for the comments all ... when I get to watch the game on tifosy I'll see what I think - still awaiting the Dulwich game being put up! (Dorking twitter said they dominated for 70 mins!)

I believe we are 4 pts behind where we were after 20 games last season (26 v 30) but last season we then went on to take 1 pt from next 3 .. so 2  wins from our next 3 games  and we are ahead of where we were last season again ...

A bizarrely dull game considering the scoreline. Although there were 5 goals, the quality of both sides was fairly poor. Fantastic goal from Sam was the highlight of the game and he was my MOM.

Great to see Greene and Kirby back. Mark will only get better with more match time but his experience and leadership at the back was great to see. A word for Simon Thomas who defended many set pieces with clearances and heading away. He seems to be a valuable defensive asset but as a striker he struggled to affect the game and it would be good to see the manager support him with another striker as at the moment he seems to be playing a very lonesome role.

>>CD Towner probably the fairest assessment of the game that I saw especially "the quality of both sides was fairly poor".

I considered it was a game played by two sides who are mid table at best and, if there were three going down this season, would be struggling to avoid relegation.

We looked far better after the substitutions which suggests that the manager still does not know his strongest starting 11.

I agree Steph1. However, what ever observations we might make the manager appears to be steadfast in the manner in which he wishes the team to play.  This is shown by the way he perseveres with his defensive starting line up  which has been crying out for new blood for months. Instead, as said be before, he continues to pick up forwards infinitum.

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of the forthcoming AGM and what plans, if any , are being considered for the future. 

Archived