Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Tooting & Mitcham

seemgee

LittleH , yes I have had reservations ever since AL was appointed. I admit that my bias may be a bit OT but From what I was told from knowledgeable people I know around both management and coaching within the non-league community he didn't sound like the sort of manger that would suit the needs of our club.

As to meeting him face to face several of the above told me that it is a waste of time speaking to him. Several also stated he even refused to shake hand after a game. I suggest I would refer you to my correspondence with Meadow... at the outset of this season.

Also the reason I will be unable to be at the AGM is that I am starting a new round of medical treatment which in all honesty goes beyond the problems of EFTC even if I have been a supporter for over

6Oyrs.

I hope that answered your question. But it is obvious to me than I am not the only one who is questioning AL  form of management. Perhaps you should address your question to them also. Having played at quite a high level of this game we love to follow I am entitled to my opinions. If you disagree well that is life!!!!! Perhaps you can point out the errors of our ways from an informed approach.

4wembley finals thanks for your response and Christmas greetings. We are just off to visit relatives for lunch and festivities, but will get back to you later.

Have a great day and a Very Merry Christmas to you and everyone else who has made our wonderful Club what it is today.

In all honesty, it doesn't matter whether someone can attend the AGM or not. I doubt if anyone can come on this forum, or any other social media forum and say the last two home league performances have been good. They have been awful. There doesn't appear to be any structure in our play, which is disappointing, and it's not getting any better. Something has to change and it has to be down to the management and then the players when they step over the white line.

What I'll now get is that it's times like this that supporters need to get behind the team and be the 12th man and we should be positive. Most supporters do back the team, that's why they attend the games. However, the product on offer at the moment is not up to our usual standard and a win tomorrow, although welcome, will only paper over the cracks.

Just to point out that the mood behind the goal is gradually changing. Against Tooting I heard the type of comments and songs I hadn't heard since towards the end of Steve Newing's time. I have to admit I haven't enjoyed watching either of the last two home games, and can't understand what less Simon has to do to get dropped or what more Liam has to do to get in the starting 11 for a league game.

I can't add anything to the last few comments.  My views on the first half of the season should  be well known by now. As I have said before I have been heavily criticised for expressing my thoughts but in some ways I wish I had been proved wrong. I don't like to see all that the club has achieved in the past few years wasted. I accepted others arguments that AL had to put together a new team from day one but by now he has shown very little inclination to attempt  to make improvements in the positions which are so obvious  I cannot deny that it is encouraging to read that I am now no longer alone in thinking this.

Having said that, we may have to endure the current regime for a while longer in order to avoid another walk out, but someone has to get us back on track so that we once again can enjoy the football being put before us. To this end some forward thinking by the board is required before the end of season, if not sooner. It is fortunate that for many teams, with the exception of a few, the standard of football in this league has started to go down. With the proposed reallocation of teams for next year life may become tougher and we will need to be ready for this challenge.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I haven't seen as many games as most of the contributors on this forum but what frustrates me is I think we have the makings of a decent footballing team. My definition of footballing is simple - a team that keeps the ball on the deck, passes to each other and keeps possession.

The midfield may lack a spark of creativity but Noto, Blackman, Greene and Youngs are good footballers and can pick a pass. We need the forwards to make the runs to create space, so that the midfielders can pick the pass.

I still think Ryan Blake has plenty of goals in him; if only he were more clinical in front of goal. Simon Thomas has plenty of critics but he has been scoring. He will often be compared to Ottaway, who was an excellent link man, but Thomas has the knack of being in the right place at the right time (unlike Ottaway) and scores more goals (even if the link-up play is lacking). Parcell always works his socks off and should start at wing back regularly.

The back 4 often seem to be under pressure but that's because we keep giving the ball away. For me, that has been the biggest disappointment in the performances I've seen to date. We give the ball away much to cheaply and invite pressure as a result.

Back to basics please - keep hold of the ball, get some width across the park, make space for each other off the ball and pass it on the deck. Then the chances will come.

I haven't been to the last couple of games as I've been otherwise engaged but to be honest, I 'm not sure that I would have gone anyway. The crowd is diminishing week on week because people are bored of the abject football on offer. For many of our support, Town are their 'second ' club and if the football is rubbish, then they'll find something else to do on matchday. The manager has run out of ideas and isn't up to the job in my opinion and it's now just a matter of time before the rather large lady begins to clear her throat !

>>Benj

A very good post with which I largely agree. I do not think that Simon is the answer as far as goal scoring is concerned as he often seems flat footed and does not seem to look for space or the pass. (I do think that Simon does add something to the defending at corners which Liam cannot but then he is picked as a forward). I think Liam is better as a forward as demonstrated on Saturday. With regard to the others the midfield gives the ball away too much and if pinned back will just hoof the ball forward, hardly creative. That may be the fault that Simon does not give them an out ball but then I am not a coach.

I was at Folkestone and the manager retained his job after that performance so it is clear that the board still have confidence in him!

I also remember a game at Potters Bar when we were down to 9 men and Andy was their manager. I believe we came away with a win (or draw I am sure that FJ will know the game that I am talking about). I recall the game at Chesham which we lost and Chesham, Potters Bar and now Enfield play the Andy Leese way reminiscent of Charlie Hughes (Ex England Non League manager). It is rubbish to watch, I am sure it is rubbish to play in and will loose us support. It comes to something when I would rather have Margolis back than this tosh dished up week after week. At least Margolis gave the youngsters a chance.

What is Dave Howell doing nowadays?

Father Jack, we were getting 500 + at the start of the season. Also, including season ticket holders whether they attend or not, is somewhat misleading is it not ? Stand behind the goal on a matchday, there is a lot more room than there was at the start of the season. Our attendances have been on the increase for the last couple of seasons, it would be a shame to reverse that trend because we appointed a man who insists on playing a boring, negative style of football.

Edited by SeasideTowner

Good morning all, hope you enjoyed Christmas Day and are looking forward to a win (fingers crossed) at Harlow this afternoon.

Some very interested comments posted in the past 24hrs, many critical of our present style of play and below-par performances. Living distance away, and not getting to as many games as I would like, it is difficult to make constructive comments on individual players, overall team performance, or our recent run of results. But I can fully understand that it must be pretty galling, and very frustrating, for all Town supporters that results have been inconsistent, and the close season change of Manager, has so far done little to return us to the attacking and inventive style of play, long associated with past Enfield sides.

Football is a results business, and a game of opinions. In difficult times, when results are not going as well as we hoped, the Manager comes in for a tirade of flak, criticism, and sometimes personal abuse. That goes with the job, and sometimes it is justified, other times it certainly is not. On the few occasions I have met and chatted to Andy Leese, I have found him to be pleasant, open, honest, and very knowledgeable about the game. He communicates through the programme at every home game, and is more than willing to chat to supporters before and after matches.

We are having a difficult season, won't win the league, and realistically may not make the play-offs. The AGM next month provides a great opportunity to discuss progress, on and off the pitch, and question AL about our concerns. A chance not to be missed!

It's not rocket science. AL knows the supporters are concerned because he is as well. The players are not performing as well as we would like and attendances will be affected at the end of the day. It happens at our level and every other level of football. This club is no different to any other in that respect.

Just a couple of question to previous comments:-

1  LH, I am sure you are quite sincere about your conversations with AL. Your written manner suggests that you are a person with an affable temperament and get along with most people, as most people are when chatting. A true judgement is if you ask questions which may be seen by the others as critical of their approach, to what ever. then you may see the other side to that person.

Consequently do you feel that you ask AL any such questions or was it just a mere chat? 

2 AndyE,  may I ask if you ask AL a direct question for his opinion on the subject or are you making an assumption on his behalf.  Don't forget he chose the players so perhaps he judged them suitable for the job. You also say that players are not performing as we like, and is that not the nub of our concerns. But whose fault is that, the players or he who signed them. After all I was answerable for the staff I employed, tell me where's the difference?

I still believe that we will possibly win/draw more than we lose and stay in the league. But do you feel that the current situation is sustainable for the future????

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

4wembleyfinals thanks for your comments. I am sure everyone will give due credit to Andy Leese and our team for an excellent result at Harlow this afternoon, which moves us up to eleventh in the table. Definitely a step in the right direction, but still plenty of work to do if we are going to close the gap on the teams at the top. There is still time, and plenty of games to play, but it certainly won't be easy.

With regard to AL, he is an intelligent, no-nonsense style Manager, who will do everything possible to bring us success. He has taken on a very difficult task, and he deserves our full backing and support.